Sig P226 "E2" Variant

This is a discussion on Sig P226 "E2" Variant within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello there, I've become interested in the Sig P226 "E2" variant with different grips and trigger changes meant to accommodate small hands. Does anyone know ...

Thread: Sig P226 "E2" Variant

Sig P226 "E2" Variant

Hello there,

I've become interested in the Sig P226 "E2" variant with different grips and trigger changes meant to accommodate small hands. Does anyone know how to determine whether a 226 is an E2-equipped model as per the SKU? Those 226 pistols that have screws through the grip apparently at least visually identify an "older" gun vs the E2 variant. I've looked at several 226 versions and the SKU's begin with E2, although the pics show screws through the grips (at least on the Sig website). Does anyone have any better info on this ergonomic change and how to determine what models have it?

Does anyone have one? Do you think it would work for a guy who can manage a M&P9 with small palm swell installed?

Liberty Dude

2. Remove Ads

I put E2 grips and a short trigger on my P226 DAK... Its a night and day difference... Very nice fit.
    Sigs site shows the set up stock on their current P226. P226
    The E2 grips are a one piece slide on....... Good luck libertydude...... Troll

I have a 229 E2. They have "E2" etched on the RH side of the slide in a gold color. I think that the E2 was a special run. You got the new grips (now standard, I believe), three mags, SRT, and night sights. The newer grips are much nicer for those with smaller hands. I think these grips are now standard on all of the basic p series, but I may be wrong. Get on SIGs website, pick your 226, and under specifications there will be a model number. That's what you want.

Sponsor
    The original E2 version has been discontinued. This is the model with "E2" on the slide. Sig is transitioning the standard P series line over to the E2 grip. If in doubt, call the dealer to be sure the gun has the one piece grip.

http://www.topgunsupply.com - Factory Authorized SIG Sauer Parts Distributor, Magazines, Holsters, Night Sights, Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun Supply View Post
    The original E2 version has been discontinued. This is the model with "E2" on the slide. Sig is transitioning the standard P series line over to the E2 grip. If in doubt, call the dealer to be sure the gun has the one piece grip.
    The currently available pistol comparison chart shows the E2 as only available in 9mm. Will this distinction remain even as the E2 grip becomes standard? What will the ergonomics be like on pistols with a wood grip?

Sponsor
    They are available in all calibers. With wood grips, they are definitely more bulky.

http://www.topgunsupply.com - Factory Authorized SIG Sauer Parts Distributor, Magazines, Holsters, Night Sights, Firearms

Links