Glock going back to old finish?

This is a discussion on Glock going back to old finish? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have purchased 3 Glocks within the last 2 months, a G36, a G21 Gen 4 and a G34 Gen 4. They all have the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Glock going back to old finish?

Glock going back to old finish?

I have purchased 3 Glocks within the last 2 months, a G36, a G21 Gen 4 and a G34 Gen 4. They all have the old style slick "teflon-like" finish on the slides. Has Glock moved away from the flatter, almost dark gray finish that they were using for a while? I definitely like the old style finish on my new guns better than the flat finish that I saw on new Glocks about a year ago.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    I have purchased 3 Glocks within the last 2 months, a G36, a G21 Gen 4 and a G34 Gen 4. They all have the old style slick "teflon-like" finish on the slides. Has Glock moved away from the flatter, almost dark gray finish that they were using for a while? I definitely like the old style finish on my new guns better than the flat finish that I saw on new Glocks about a year ago.
    I have a Gen 4 with the gray finish and I honestly think it's a little rougher and may have contributed to early issues with the Gen 4 as it created a touch more drag. I tend to like both finishes, but prefer the ones on my Gen 3's.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    I hope so. I have a gun with the newer finish and I am not as much a fan of it as the old finish. The new finish seems very slick compared to the old finish. I much prefer the old one but I am thinking of getting my Glock refinished by CCR or someone.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    It appears that glock is going back to the shinier finish, but this time it looks more semi gloss, not as shiny as before.

I guess glock compromised with something in between.

My new gen4 19 has the new semi gloss finish, I like it.

2nd Gen G17.....very flat black tennifer. When completely dry, looks almost chalky white.

3rd Gen G19....almost a ceramic shiny coating.

Much prefer the Gen 3 finish. For a while, Glock did go back to the older flat finish. Glad to see they saw the error of their ways.
    Philly Boy and Vaquero 45 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    The new finish they were using SUCKS. Period. I'm glad to hear they are going back to the old finish.

I kind of like the new finish, it’s more uniform with the color of the rest of the gun. The real test is to see if it holds up as good as the earlier finishes. I just got my G26 and it is showing signs of holster wear already

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I suspect it will hold up fine. The melonite is in the metal which is what is important to me.

Links