Springfield XDs .45 update?

This is a discussion on Springfield XDs .45 update? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone heard anything about this gun? It was all the rage at SHOT 2012, and then... nothing. It's not on SA's web site. Nobody ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XDs .45 update?

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar

Springfield XDs .45 update?

Has anyone heard anything about this gun? It was all the rage at SHOT 2012, and then... nothing. It's not on SA's web site. Nobody has any new updates, range reports, or reviews. Nothing.
    Hakkaa päälle!

2. Remove Ads

My LGS told me Saturday that they still didn't have an accurate delivery date. I too, am excited for this little pistol to come out, especially since the original weight that had everybody up in arms was proven to be a typo by SA; although that extra weight may have been nice in such a small pistol in .45ACP.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

I just called Greentop Sports in Richmond, Virginia which is a 2-hour drive for me, as they usually get first order stuff when they come out and the person I talked to said that they have both the matte black and two-tone on order. He could not give me a timeframe of when they are expected in. God Bless

The rumor is late March/mid April.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    My LGS told me Saturday that they still didn't have an accurate delivery date. I too, am excited for this little pistol to come out, especially since the original weight that had everybody up in arms was proven to be a typo by SA; although that extra weight may have been nice in such a small pistol in .45ACP.
    what is the correct weight? I saw a video at the SHOT show with Rob Leatham and he said it was 29 oz.
    Maybe he reads from a tele-prompter too.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about this gun? It was all the rage at SHOT 2012, and then... nothing. It's not on SA's web site. Nobody has any new updates, range reports, or reviews. Nothing.
    It has it's own WebPage. XD-S Compact 45ACP Pistol | Springfield Armory USA

Don't worry , when they start shipping it will be all over the internet again.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

JD
    Administrator
    One of the local dealers is working to get some guns for T&E, if he does I'm going to hopefully get to check one out.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    XDs and XDMs are solid and confortable to shoot. This might be my 1st .45.

Thanks for the website link.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    what is the correct weight? I saw a video at the SHOT show with Rob Leatham and he said it was 29 oz.
    Maybe he reads from a tele-prompter too.
    Not sure what you mean by the teleprompter comment....The XDs weighs 21.5 oz empty per the website. I found a link for you to a thread over on XDTalk.com, and he even mentions that Leatham got it wrong in some promo vids. Also, as an interesting aside; it says further down in the attached link that this puts the weight of the XDs within .04 oz of the G36. So they are basically the same weight.

XDs Weight, not 29 OZ - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

-Russell
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by AKsrule View Post
    - That new link shows a weight of 21.5 oz, which is MUCH more reasonable. Although that will probably disappoint people in the other thread that were excited about a nice and heavy 29 oz. for a single stack.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Anyone know if it will come with a higher capacity mag too?

Is the XDS based on the basic XD or does it have the XDM improvements as well?

I'm interested. I have a G 36, Kahr P45 and a Kahr PM45 and a Colt C.C.O. and I still haven't found the perfect carry .45. I had an XD 45c but it was a bit big.

I'll be interested in holding an XDs when it hits the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    The rumor is late March/mid April.

My LGS stated april as well.

Springfield said that they would start shipping in March (probably late). I would not expect to see much quantity until May if history holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    Not sure what you mean by the teleprompter comment....The XDs weighs 21.5 oz empty per the website. I found a link for you to a thread over on XDTalk.com, and he even mentions that Leatham got it wrong in some promo vids. Also, as an interesting aside; it says further down in the attached link that this puts the weight of the XDs within .04 oz of the G36. So they are basically the same weight.

XDs Weight, not 29 OZ - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

-Russell
    Springfield was listing them at 29 oz when the gun first came out. Even Rob Leatham said the gun weighed 29 oz in an interview at the SHOT show, and he was holding the freaking gun. Surely Rob can tell the difference between a 29oz and a 21 oz gun unless he was reading script from the teleprompter during the interview. Our beloved President cannot tell you the weather or the time of day without reading from a teleprompter. Teleprompter was in reference to that little joke. Clear?
    If you do a search on this gun on this forum from back in January, you will see the discussion regarding the weight issue that Springfield confirmed that the gun weighed 29 oz.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links