Having trouble getting used to my new sig sauer p229r 40s&w

This is a discussion on Having trouble getting used to my new sig sauer p229r 40s&w within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 There is no reason to handicap yourself with a DA/SA trigger. Choose a striker fired platform, buy ammo and practice. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Having trouble getting used to my new sig sauer p229r 40s&w

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    There is no reason to handicap yourself with a DA/SA trigger. Choose a striker fired platform, buy ammo and practice.
    sure there is. many people are issued or grew up with DA/SA and want to maintain the platform across all their weapons. buy what you want and "buy ammo and practice."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle1911 View Post
    I am going through the same thing, dry fire practice seems to be helping. I am getting a whole lot more hits when I shot at the plate rack than I did before my dry fire practice. It only takes a few minutes every day. Enjoy your Sig, in my opinion it is a great pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    I would suggest doing the above. Just keep shooting the gun in DA and it will get smoothed out. Your shooting will also improve as well. There is no other way except to practice or get a DAO gun.
    Snap caps work wonders for ANY dry fire exercises. Not all guns need them though. But! You can slow down the process and watch what happens as you squeeze, tug, jerk, dip, etc. Get a couple of snap caps, practice, practice, repeat. I bought a blade tech training barell so I can practice drawing and firing at home. It's also handy for training where you want to have a "safe" gun that simulates the weight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links