Another Kahr CM9 Problem Right Out of the Box!!

This is a discussion on Another Kahr CM9 Problem Right Out of the Box!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thunder71 ... Me, I love it when people return them as used - it allows me to purchase a sweet firearm at ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Another Kahr CM9 Problem Right Out of the Box!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Me, I love it when people return them as used - it allows me to purchase a sweet firearm at a great price.

There is truth here. At least with the little Kahrs, the tolerances and timing are tight. They need to be clean, lightly oiled and fired with a firm grip.

The previous owner of my PM9 was having problems with FTE's and light strikes. I put an air hose to the firing pin channel, blew a bunch of goo out, and it has run flawlessly ever since (have no idea what was causing the FTE's for him).
    Philly Boy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I am sorry to say my CM9 is back to Kahr for repair. I was lucky in getting one of those gun's that the slide sticks back after almost every shot. 225 rounds at the range Monday after going to the Kahr forum, cleaned, racked the slide 750 times went to the range and had big problems. Range on Monday received by Kahr factory Tuesday at 10:00am EST. Three weeks they told me. On the bright side I love the feel and for sure it is VERY ACCURATE. I hope it all works out. Mine did not stick when racking but this it what it did 4 of 6 rounds at the range. Stick back without slide stop engaged. new kahr cm9 slide sticking - YouTube
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Ah, threads like this make me glad I returned to the snubnose revolver for my pocket gun. Boring and easy to care for. My most recent attempt was an LC9 and I bought and sold it within 1 month. 642 from now on for me.
    Glockwatcher likes this.

jyo
    At this time, I have three Kahrs---two CW9s and a P45---all run 100% and shoot to point of aim---the PM/CM series are smaller and seem to be very stiff when new---I would just apply oil in the usual places and run some rounds thru them before trying to take them apart. There are tradeoffs with small guns---the smaller the more tradeoffs.

I just do not get it with this stuff, I purchased three different Kahrs in the last 4 months or so;

TP45
    CW9
    CM9

Other than couple of FTF with 165 grain 45 ACP I have not had one issue with the guns they fire and function well they are very accurate and they have very consistent triggers. I have put many hundreds of round through each gun they just run like clock work.

Another thing sure they may out source, but each part is inspected and has to come in within specifications of the print or they are rejected. That is the way all Mfg run and almost all have outs sourced parts.

To say they have 50% failure rate is ignorance and irresponsible unless you have concrete evidence of such I wouldn't be saying such foolish thing.

No one should have issues with a new gun, but it is common knowledge that Kahr arms are tight guns and they need break in, do the break in, I took apart the first two but didn't even touch the 3rd until I had 200+ rounds through it. All performed well except the 2 FTF with the 45. I am just baffled by all this negative press on these guns.
    Thunder71 and suntzu like this.

kb2wji: Thanks for your comments; I'll give it a try. Plus, having grown up in Philly. the formula was ALWAYS: MUSTARD on a 'dog; KETCHUP(Heinz's, preferably!) on a 'burger. Wifey drives me nuts when she asks for mayo on a 'burger! Now I'm going to post some comments on my first trip to the range today(See you there!?).
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I am just baffled by all this negative press on these guns.
    Seems like the bad press and the 50 percent DOA rate started on this forum a few days ago. Up until then most folks around the country seem to be happy them. Hey, My wife's first car was a Toyota Camarie. Suppose to have been the #1 car at the time. Her's broke down every other month it seemed like. She also had a friend that had problems with hers. She didn't start yelling to the heavens don't buy one and they have a 50 percent fail rate. She just felt it was bad luck and bought a different vehicle.

See my new thread's update on the "problem" cm9 thanks!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Seems like the bad press and the 50 percent DOA rate started on this forum a few days ago. Up until then most folks around the country seem to be happy them. Hey, My wife's first car was a Toyota Camarie. Suppose to have been the #1 car at the time. Her's broke down every other month it seemed like. She also had a friend that had problems with hers. She didn't start yelling to the heavens don't buy one and they have a 50 percent fail rate. She just felt it was bad luck and bought a different vehicle.
    I am not a fan of them simply due to their affiliations..... and choose to not give my money to them, but that has nothing to dow ith their reliability.... but I am sure this bad press didn't help things much:

NYPD brass to cops: Stop using Kahr K-9 pistol - New York Daily News

One would assume that if NYPD could keep their officers from fingering the bang hook when they were not suppose to, it would fix the issue. then again that may explain their 17% hit rate as compared to the Salt lake City hit rate of 70+% or LAPD's still low but much better 40% hit rate.

Thanks for that, Thunder 71. As usual, I haven't figured out how to post a thread as you have done. Oh well, some of have to be computerly(!) challenged.

No problemo, gotta help out my Kahr brothers and sisters when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Same here. Love my Kahrs IMO they rock!
    Same with me. I have a p380 and a CM 9. I have learned the 380 prefers good quality ammo (but I prefer good quality wine and vodka so I can't whine). The CM9 has performed equally well. With good ammo, I have no problem trusting either of them.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy
    Kahr = Unification Church = I choose to spend my money elsewhere.

DID NOT KNOW THAT!! Deal killer for me.

You can't pick your parents. It's his Dad, not him.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links