Another Kahr CM9 Problem Right Out of the Box!! - Page 4

Another Kahr CM9 Problem Right Out of the Box!!

This is a discussion on Another Kahr CM9 Problem Right Out of the Box!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thunder71 You can't pick your parents. It's his Dad, not him. Sent using Tapatalk on Android The son runs the company, it ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Another Kahr CM9 Problem Right Out of the Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    You can't pick your parents. It's his Dad, not him.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android
    The son runs the company, it is owned by Saeilo Corporation which is in turn owned by the Unification church. However, this is from Wikipedia, so I won't bet my life on the accuracy. Sounds like a thorough article.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I can't speak of percentages, but I can speak of my own gun. My PM40 had a frame that looked cheaper than some dollar store Chinese toys I have seen. Upon firing the gun, which had first been cleaned and lubed, the gun jammed, and the slide didn't want to hand cycle. Upon dis-assembly, long slivers of plastic had been shaved off of the frame by the slide.

My local shop said that was OK, so I tried firing some more. Nothing but FTF problems, but I was told that too was normal during a break in period. After 600 rounds of "break in", my GS finally admitted there was a problem and sent it back to Kahr for me. Of course, it was returned with a clean bill of health, and It was all MY fault for limp wristing.

After it became clear I could not trust this gun to save my life, I sold it at a considerable loss. Of course, the "Kahr Cultists" always blame my lack of patience, limp wristing, blah blah blah instead of the gun. After it came back, I saw no evidence anything had been done to it.

I don't really care what percentage fail. MINE failed. This gun was a major piece of crap, and the company failed to make it right. I have said it before and I will say it again, this is the Edsel of handguns.
    Glockwatcher likes this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Sorry but why would Kahr try and deceive you? What gain would they get in not fixing your gun? I think you were convinced the gun was junk and so no matter what they sent back it was not good enough. I can see why you were pissed and think that you are a Glock sort of guy. They eat any kind of ammo and are loose enough you may not have problems with it. What ammo were you using when they sent it back did you use the same ammo or try something different? Did you even try it after you got it back. They must have fired the gun they did not just unpack the gun then repack it and send it back. But you are not fan of Kahr that is OK I may have acted the same way and you should expect a working gun for the money you spend. Me I have three not one has had an issue and I have fired lots and lots of rounds through them and clean and lube them frequent basis because of how much I shoot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    You can't pick your parents. It's his Dad, not him.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android
    I understand that however.... they are on my never buy list... just like taurus, and anything freedom group buys and operates ( due to quality) :new models of: remington, marlin ( which breaks my heart ), dpms, bushmaster, h&R, barnes bullets... etc.

MY experience with Kahr CS...I had to return two pistols for repairs; both required several trips back and forth. Neither was fixed properly. The first one finally resulted in a full refund from the gun store that recommended the gun to me. The second resulted in Kahr sending me a replacement gun, which I sold, since by that point I was completely disgusted with them.

It took me a long time before I decided to give them yet another chance. My current PM9 has been "ok." It will not feed from the 7 round mag (a common issue, even according to the tech I spoke to at Kahr). It will not feed 147 gr Speer Gold Dots. I put up with it, but I don't completely trust it like I trust my Glocks. It fits a very narrow niche for me - 9mm pocket gun.

When I ordered a new recoil spring direct from Kahr, it was too long. It fit in the gun, but you could not lock the slide open. The tech I spoke to said to trim half a coil at a time with pliers until it fit (!). Fine as far as it goes - but what does that tell you about how well they check the specs on their parts? After all, this is supposed to be a drop-in part.

Again, these are MY experiences, and not necessarily indicative of what others have experienced. What bothers me is when someone posts an issue, and the fanbois immediately jump all over the poster, as if what they experienced could not possibly be true.

Let's give posters the benefit of the doubt, shall we?
    Inspector71 and Glockwatcher like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I give them benefit of doubt, but let me ask this; would they post the good experiences with the same vigor they post the negative?

I saw guy bring in his gun and was just mad as all get out. Said the gun was total piece of junk and that he wanted his money back and that these blankety blank plastic guns were no good POS so on and so on. well the gun was SCCY it was jammed so hard with an empty case in the chamber we had to use a wooden dowel to dislodge it. Man it was like glue. Started asking questions the guy says he is using some cheap foreign ammo steal case with a varnish on the out side that actually melted and glued the case in the chamber. Goofiest thing you ever saw. Took some time cleaned the gun up gave him some new ammo told him to throw the other junk away and he has since put 400-500 rounds through the gun and is raving about it. He reacted based on an experience and allot of initial emotion take time think it over ask questions calm down then go after the problem without emotion and anger it will resolve itself and then post your experience. If you post first then try and fix the issue the results may make you look a little foolish. I have been there and done that.

So I alway approach with caution to make sure there is not more to the story. Not saying in any these cases there are. But to make statments like a 50% failure rate is just total misinformation. The production of these guns is high volume record amounts right now if they are putting out weapons at a 50% failure rate then we can see that they will be out of business very soon if that is the case.

The response most people give here about cleaning and ammo is based on personal experience in most cases they are just tying to help. I have no skin in this game with Kahr other than I own three and they have been good relieable guns. You should expect and get the same.
    Gary T likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Sorry but why would Kahr try and deceive you? What gain would they get in not fixing your gun? I think you were convinced the gun was junk and so no matter what they sent back it was not good enough. I can see why you were pissed and think that you are a Glock sort of guy. They eat any kind of ammo and are loose enough you may not have problems with it. What ammo were you using when they sent it back did you use the same ammo or try something different? Did you even try it after you got it back. They must have fired the gun they did not just unpack the gun then repack it and send it back. But you are not fan of Kahr that is OK I may have acted the same way and you should expect a working gun for the money you spend. Me I have three not one has had an issue and I have fired lots and lots of rounds through them and clean and lube them frequent basis because of how much I shoot them.
    Well, you are entitled to your opinion. However, I can assure you I did everything reasonably possible to rectify the situation. after all, I lost over $400 in this mess. I definitely didn't want the gun to fail. As far as ammo, it was over 600 rounds, all of which were factory fresh, and of various makes. I loved how the gun felt and the size for pocket carry, so I really wanted it to work. When it was sent back it was still not working. Why? Ask Kahr, I can't answer for them. It was gone for five weeks.

Am I still bitter. Obviously I am. For the high cost of the gun, it was a loser. Of course it isn't Kahr's fault. It is clearly my fault. That seems to be what everyone wants to hear.
    Glockwatcher likes this.

I did a poll on another board that showed something like 80 percent that trusted their kahr with their life
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Crescentstar no need to be disenchanted with me if you read my post I am giving you the benefit of doubt but as a whole I just get little suspicious of negative threads on the net because of my experience. You have every right and responsibility to be angry about a gun that does not work and a company who seemed unresponsive. Sorry to here you had to go through that but me asking questions does not mean I do not believe you. I guess the jury is out as to the quality of the guns we speak of if they are bad as some folks say then they will not be business too long

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjet View Post
    Crescentstar no need to be disenchanted with me if you read my post I am giving you the benefit of doubt but as a whole I just get little suspicious of negative threads on the net because of my experience. You have every right and responsibility to be angry about a gun that does not work and a company who seemed unresponsive. Sorry to here you had to go through that but me asking questions does not mean I do not believe you. I guess the jury is out as to the quality of the guns we speak of if they are bad as some folks say then they will not be business too long
    No offense meant or taken, brother! It has been very frustrating, though. Just like everyone else, money is tight, and I felt like I threw away a lot of cash. I just feel like for the high cost, I should have been able to expect a lot more.

We are indeed brothers in arms.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The only Kahr I ever had trouble disassembling was my first K9, which has a slightly different design than the others. Once I learned what had to be held where and pushed or pulled, then the process is very easy a fast. The other six Kahrs I've owned were all a piece of cake to work on. A typical Kahr can be disassembled in less than 10 seconds... 15 seconds for the K9. Sorry you had trouble, but in reality, it was your lack of familarity with the pistol... and not the gun at fault.

My PM9 has been flawless and is my preferred deep carry gun.

Mine worked fine out of the box

I have a G19 and G26, which I truly love, but I wanted something thinner. I read about problems with Kahr but a friend had a PM9 that never had a problem, so I figured I'd take a chance on a CM9 when Bud's PoliceSupply had them on sale in February. I've put over 250 rounds, mixed FMJ and hollow point without any problems. This will be my new EDC pistol.

I must say the recoil spring is a bear to install, but manageable. I would not recommend it for someone with arthritis since it would be tough to take apart and reinstall. The slide lock was stiff at first, but after 200 rounds it pops out by pushing on it with my thumb. All ammo was US made, brass cartridges.

I am fretful to report that I will not be joining the Kahr CM9 soap box this month as I had previously planned. It appears that I must once again rob my new gun stash, this time for a "gas valve and burner assembly" for the furnace.

Maybe Iim just not destined to own a Kahr.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links