Handgun grip for Glock 23

This is a discussion on Handgun grip for Glock 23 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Need some recommendations for a grip...I have the gen 3 23 and a little sore after a couple hundred rounds. It doesn't appear there's much ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bark'n

Thread: Handgun grip for Glock 23

Need some recommendations for a grip...I have the gen 3 23 and a little sore after a couple hundred rounds. It doesn't appear there's much out there...I have read about bicycle inner tubes...How is this accomplished ?? Thanks for any input :)
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

Quote Originally Posted by SATCHMO1960 View Post
    Need some recommendations for a grip...I have the gen 3 23 and a little sore after a couple hundred rounds. It doesn't appear there's much out there...I have read about bicycle inner tubes...How is this accomplished ?? Thanks for any input :)
    You might make use of the Pachmayr slip ons.
    Pachmayr&reg Pachmayr your primary source for quality handgun grips and recoil pads

Look at the AGrip. A lot of people seem to like them.
    Last edited by nedrgr21; March 1st, 2012 at 08:27 PM.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Houge slip on grips make it much nicer

I prefer to wear a pair of shooting gloves rather than putting some slip-on attachment on my gun stock.

I like Mechanix gloves or Ironclad gloves.

I don't always wear gloves when shooting, but if I have a gun with a particularly uncomfortable grip/stocks or I'm shooting hundreds and hundreds of rounds, or my hands become sweaty I'll throw on a pair of gloves and everything is fine.
    C hawk Glock likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I vote for the hogue grips: I have one on my G23 and I like it.

tip: use a hair dryer to soften the rubber up as you apply it

I like the feel of naked polymer on my hands when shooting and don't much care for the slip on grips that I've had on my Glock 17 in the past. Over time the oils and chemicals used to lube and clean the gun destroy the slip on grips and render them useless anyway.

I do recommend a padded pair of weight lifting or motorcyle gloves for any extended range sessions. I got a couple of pair at Walmart in the Sporting goods section for like $10/pair.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I'm a fan of the bike inner tubing myself. Last time I bought one at wally world I think I paid about 3 bucks for one. I just cut a length of tubing with a knife or kitchen shears and slide it on.

Thanks for all the info :)
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I prefer to wear a pair of shooting gloves rather than putting some slip-on attachment on my gun stock.

I like Mechanix gloves or Ironclad gloves.

I don't always wear gloves when shooting, but if I have a gun with a particularly uncomfortable grip/stocks or I'm shooting hundreds and hundreds of rounds, or my hands become sweaty I'll throw on a pair of gloves and everything is fine.
    I use the black ones all the time. They work great for shooting.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

3rd Glock 23 requires a crush grip with the hand. Anything else I probably won't be able to help you with. Heck...it already has finger grooves. Many vendors offer a grip reduction, or you can find many ways to butcher your Glock grip on youtube to your liking. Just remember.......receivers aint cheap and you'll need to order one through FFL since the serial number is built in. Many easier, less expensive,and less redneck ways of doing away with your Glock IMO. I say...either man up on the Glock or get one of the easy going offerings from S&W or someone else where you won't have to wear gloves to protect yourself from your own protection. Take it any way you'd like. Gloves don't come between me and my defensive firearm, and my defensive firearm comes between me and survival. I think it's silly to suggest any form of protection for being able to protect oneself. Seems that might stand in the way of a mission. You asked...I told. Don't want any pissed off message tomorrow in my inbox. Take it like a man and be responsible for what you do. Gloves...........? Bleed once in a while and you'll see what it's worth. If you'd cry over broken skin, I guess I'll be expecting your reply here or your secret message telling me to get off my high horse. I love you like you should love yourself. Just remember that before you throw expletives at me for telling you the truth. I do wish you the best in everything you do.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Another thing you might want to do is put a smooth faced trigger on the Glock 23. I did it and it is much better on my finger.

Quote Originally Posted by SATCHMO1960 View Post

A more positive contact with something like skateboard tape and less tension in the arms might work. I'd have to see you shoot. Gloves are for cold, not shooting. :-)

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonsay View Post
    A more positive contact with something like skateboard tape and less tension in the arms might work. I'd have to see you shoot. Gloves are for cold, not shooting. :-)
    This is also good advice. Trial and error will have to be the order of the day.

Ram Rod thx for advice my Brother...I would never take a soldering iron to my Glock so thats out of the question. I had just seen on here a lot of folks with grips on their Glocks and this being my first one thought might be standard practice. I have bleed plenty and tore tissue to the bone so not a prob for me. Hunted with 44 mags for years so can take this 40 without a prob. Love your bio as I too am a veteran and did industrial electric motor repair for years..lots of smashed fingers and tore up knuckles. I also rode my HD in motorcycle ministry for years. I have a lot of the same beliefs as you,,Have a Blessed day

Links