Defensive Carry banner

What do you grab the most?

10K views 142 replies 136 participants last post by  40strapped 
#1 ·
I know that a lot of us have multiple choices for concealed carry. My top of the line model is a custom Sig Sauer. So whether you have a Sig or a custom 1911, what is the gun you grab the most when you head out the door? I actually find myself grabbing my snubbie Smith. Let's be honest here folks. It is just a lot easier and more comfortable to carry the smaller and lighter gun. I can't be the only one here, am I?

#58 ·
When me and my wife go out with our daughter and she has all of her war paint on she is in total momma bear mode, well any time she is with baby really. I usually pack my S&W1911 or 642.

#59 ·
Like to say my PF9 kel Tec or my G26, but what I usually head out the door with all the time is my kel Tec P32 in a Hedley pocket holster. Do I feel under gunned ? not at all because I'm fast out the pocket with it and accurate. I run FMJ in it all the time. Sometimes I pocket the PF9 if I have the right pants with larger pockets and other times the G26 if wearing over garments like a jacket or untucked shirt.

#60 ·
EDC Glock 19.....BUG, when necessary, Glock 26

#61 ·
Have to agree with HB on this one, not about me grabbing his wife, but her first....

then whatever fits the plans for the day or box I open. When home it was generally the Para Carry 9, S&W Power Port or the Glock 19.

#63 ·
At work it is my G23 as it is my duty weapon. Off-duty, the G19 has been getting the nod a lot lately.

#66 ·
It changes with my mood, but most frequently a Sig P229 SCT and Garrett Industries AIWB rig.

Adding a PPQ to my collection soon after trying one out and it will probably compete for time.

#70 ·
I wear one of two Bandera Leather belts with a built in slide, so anywhere I go I am never without a place to keep a gun.
One of them is built for a 1911. I'll carry the Colt Combat Commander or a KelTec PF9 that fits in there perfectly.
The other is built for a Sig. It also works well for an HK. I'll carry one of my several Sigs, or an compact HK 9mm that fits in there.

Lately, I've been carrying the HK quite a bit. I dont feel too undergunned with 13 shots of Gold Dot. Its comfortable and with an untucked shirt you'll never know that its there.

#77 ·
Springfield XD9 Service. I've carried that every time I've CCWed with one exception when I tried out my S&W 65. That thing needs a better holster and speedloaders before I carry it again. A Kahr CM9 is on the short list for hot summer days.

#80 ·
Before I sold it, it was my G26. It was especially nice for when I had to run out real quick. I just put it in my pocket and off I went. Now it's my full size XD. I'd really like to get another compact for those quick trips or for when a full size isn't the best option. I'm leaning towards the XD compact. But I haven't ruled out some smaller options.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.