Defensive Carry banner

What do you grab the most?

10K views 142 replies 136 participants last post by  40strapped 
#1 ·
I know that a lot of us have multiple choices for concealed carry. My top of the line model is a custom Sig Sauer. So whether you have a Sig or a custom 1911, what is the gun you grab the most when you head out the door? I actually find myself grabbing my snubbie Smith. Let's be honest here folks. It is just a lot easier and more comfortable to carry the smaller and lighter gun. I can't be the only one here, am I?

#134 ·
As do I...I carry inside the pants and i'm a big boy the back of the hammers on the sigs cut like a razor into my body when I sit down literally it cuts. The Revolvers like my .357 SP101 that is double action only and no hammer for hammer bite into my side makes it ideal as well as my J frame that has a shroud..All the stiker fired Glocks XD's and M&P'S work well also because they also don't have a hammer that jabs or cuts into me. What I need to do and most should consider rather than getting just the right gun is get that CROSSBREED SUPER TUCK HOLSTER..it's made with a very high leather backing that stays between the body and all hammers..I just keep forgetting to order one.

#14 ·
I put my daily carry firearm on in the morning and it usually stays on all day. So really I don't grab one just to go out the door.
Usually my daily carry is either a Colt Combat Commander or my SIG/Browning BDA .45 which has an alloy frame and a lighter slide than the American SIG P220.
It's really quite easy to carry in my Matt Del Fatti OWB holster so lately I've been carrying it a lot. It just carries so beautifully in that extreme forward cant holster.

#16 ·
As I get better holsters and some better belts I find myself carrying bigger and heavier than I thought I would.

My most carried for the last couple months has been an Ed Brown Kobra Carry. Second in line is an HK P7M8 when I want a lower profile / better concealability.

I find I hardly ever carry my LC9 any more and even find it uncomfortable compared to the others, but that is more of a holster issue than anything else.

#17 ·
I started carrying my G26 again when my LCP broke and went to the shop and I got use to it so I kept carrying it after i got my Ruger back. I still carry the LCP a lot but not near as much as the G26. a Sig P229R .40 and G23 and G27 get carried sometimes as well but the grab-n-go is the G26 for me these days.

#19 ·
I split time between an M&P9c and a S&W snubby. A lot of times I grab the snubby, because it's so light, thin, and comfortable to carry.
Honestly if I 100% knew I would have to defend myself when I left the house, I'd want the M&P. I just shoot it better and it's nearly 3 times as many rounds.
Right now while I'm typing this I thinking to myself "then why aren't you carrying the M&P all the time" ??? :confused:

Reactions: 45ACP4ever
#20 ·
G30 on the belt & LCP in the pocket

#23 ·
50/50 pf9 xd45ç

#24 ·
SA XD40 SC in a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro.

#25 ·
Well, the LCP is always in one of my pockets as a BUG but these days I'm taking either my M&P9 or the XD9sc as primary.

#26 ·
The mental check I perform every morning before heading out the door is, in this order, said outloud to myself, "Phone, wallet, keys, gun." As I say each word, I pat myself down to make sure all of those things are on me. Weird system, but for me it has never failed. As for which gun I carry, it just depends on the weather these days. I'd say it's pretty much split between my Glock 19, FNX-9, and LC9. FNX-9 if I'll be wearing a big coat, LC9 if I'll be wearing light clothing, and G19 for those in-between situations!

If I bring the G19 or FNX with me, I'll wear my Fobus paddle-style mag holster. If the LC9, I just carry an extra magazine in my left pocket.

#27 ·
New Agent and sometimes my SP101 OWB. On rare occasion my LCR, but I don't like the idea of having to draw from my pocket under stress. Just easier for me to train with guns carried the same way. For me, it takes many hours of practice to be confident in my ability with any gun. While I shoot several different hand guns, I train with these 2 as carry guns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.