I plan to make all my gun and ammo purchases before Presidential Election time. - Page 2

I plan to make all my gun and ammo purchases before Presidential Election time.

This is a discussion on I plan to make all my gun and ammo purchases before Presidential Election time. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I already have every firearm and every cartridge I am ever going to need....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: I plan to make all my gun and ammo purchases before Presidential Election time.

VIP Member
    I already have every firearm and every cartridge I am ever going to need.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

There is a run every 4 years. If you want to stockpile do it now before the price hikes but the shortages will only last a little while. We just saw this then the big o took office. IMHO not worth the hype.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJay View Post
    Just wondering....aren't discussions like this, complete with speculation that prices will continue to go up and you need to go out and buy now...part of what creates higher prices and supply shortages???

Hmmmmm.....
    Yup.
    Diddle likes this.
    God invented cops so that firemen could have heroes too!

They would never limit ammo or Gun purchases. The idea of higher taxes on guns and ammo is just a rumor .

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    This is exactly what happened last time causing the shortage. I had friends that were buying 10,000 primers ans ammo by the case. It was the panic that caused the shortage.

Michael
    Exactally! Hoarding becomes a demishing return at some point. I do admit however I will buy extra ammo if it is stellar deal. Natchez had a sale on .45 and .40 Winchester last week and I picked up a few boxes of each. However this was the target veriety and I do shoot a lot in the Spring and Summer.

But, Hey!, to each his own..
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Would you expect a guy at a gun shop to tell you, "Oh, prices are still coming down. Don't buy anything right now. Wait a while."
    I should've provided more background so as to prevent any misinterpretations - that was my fault, I apologize.

I wasn't in a gun store looking at anything to buy or anything like that, etc. I was working in the capacity of an agent providing customer service to the gun store. The owner never tried to sell anything to me and really it would've been quite an odd thing to do given the context of the interaction. Our reason for interacting had nothing to do with ammo. The topic about ammo took place in causal conversation. The owner was simply telling me about the things he had been dealing with lately. It just happened to be something on his mind and he was telling me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Would you expect a guy at a gun shop to tell you, "Oh, prices are still coming down. Don't buy anything right now. Wait a while."
    If you're doing business at a gun shop where you don't trust the folks that work there to tell you the truth then you should do business somewhere else.

I'm proud of the fact that my local shop is open and honest with me to let me make an informed decision.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    There is a LOT about the current residents in the WH and DOJ that I do not get! I hope they depart soon.
    Why? Obama has expanded fun rights more than any other president. Reagan (excuse me while I spit), Bush Sr., Clinton, and Bush Jr. all voiced support for gun control and/or enacted legislation. The Machine Gun ban, the import ban, The AWB, and the start of the "gun walking" programs under Bush Jr.

Obama expanded our rights by allowing us to carry in parks.

Senior Moderator
    Obama expanded our rights by allowing us to carry in parks.
    Wrong again.

That was acutally passed under the Bush administration. Obama held it up for two years and used "further review" as an excuse.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/ccm...arry-in-parks/

" It passed in the face of a hostile administration. It was taken away from us once before and doubtless someone will try to take it away again."

Obama didn't so squat other than to sign it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You're about 4 years too late...
    What ret said is so true.......

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links