Which Glock in 45acp and Why? - Page 2

Which Glock in 45acp and Why?

This is a discussion on Which Glock in 45acp and Why? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The 36 just feels right in my hand. I'm not a fan of the large Glocks. I suppose a G21 in SF is OK but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Which Glock in 45acp and Why?

The 36 just feels right in my hand. I'm not a fan of the large Glocks. I suppose a G21 in SF is OK but that's it, OK. I've yet to feel like I don't have enough with me while carrying the 36 and my lil' LCP in my pocket.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    When I decided to get a .45, I knew it was going to be for CC therefore (for me) I had ruled out the G21 only because of size. If I was going to use it for range and woods I would have bought it for sure. Not that the G21 can't be concealed, but for me I was just not willing to try it everyday. Remember, that everyone is different and everything in CC is a compromise.
    With that said, the decision between the 30 and 36 was crazy because I liked them both. In the end, I chose the G30SF for the facts that it could mostly do (even in the woods) what the 21 could with less size yet still could hold as many rounds in it if I wanted to use the mags for the 21. The G36 was max 8 rounds, which is still great in .45.
    Also another reason I chose the 30 is that a 10mm aftermarket barrel and the mags for the G29 or 20 gave me the option of 10mm to shoot. They don't make conversions for the 36.
    Plus, the 30sf fits me very well and I shot it just as well as the 36.
    I honestly can't say that one is better than the other, the 30 just gave more options and capacity.

Good luck in your quest!
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links