Retired my G19 Today.

This is a discussion on Retired my G19 Today. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LeftofMars I semi-retired my G19 today. It's a Gen 2 that I've had approximately 19-20 years. Thousands of rounds have gone through ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Retired my G19 Today.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    I semi-retired my G19 today. It's a Gen 2 that I've had approximately 19-20 years. Thousands of rounds have gone through it and I can't say it has ever given me any grief. Why retire it? It was given to me by my father and lately I've just been thinking I don't want anything to happen to it. It will stay in the safe now with a trip to the range now and then while the new Gen 4 G19 becomes my main. I seriously considered going to 40 S&W but in the end I could see no real reason. The 9mm in the G19 has served me well for two decades, why change? Here's hoping I get another twenty from this one.
    I hear you brother!

I still have my Gen2 Glock 19. I bought her brand new 19 years ago and she was my primary carry sidearm for many years. She still looks and runs great. I have never ever had a misfire with her and she still has all of her original parts & guide rod.

Nowadays my primary conceal carry is my Gen3 Glock 27, but once in a while I will still carry my Glock 19.
    She has always treated me right.

I love all of my Glocks. :)
    ~The Dude Abides~

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Its great that you have something left to you by your father as well as something that has faithfully provided so many of years of great service. I also agree that there's no real reason to switch since you are so proficient with the G19 platform.

Best of hope goes out to you and your new gun.
    The_Outlaw likes this.

Great post. Have had my G19(Gen 3) since I finally gave up the duty revolver for a free gun in 2000. The best 9mm platform in the world IMHO!
    The_Outlaw likes this.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links