Its time to buy... Again.

This is a discussion on Its time to buy... Again. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I have a choice to make. I have been saving for another pistol. I had my heart set on a SIG 229. But, I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Its time to buy... Again.

Its time to buy... Again.

So I have a choice to make. I have been saving for another pistol. I had my heart set on a SIG 229. But, I'm a little short, and waiting is not a problem for me. But, I've been bitten by the Glock bug, a Glock 19. It's less expensive, and as far as I'm concerned, every bit as reliable. I DO NOT WANT A GLOCK VS. SIG DEBATE, but, which one should I go with. I already have a SIG 2022 & a P6. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TheDetailer View Post
    So I have a choice to make. I have been saving for another pistol. I had my heart set on a SIG 229. But, I'm a little short, and waiting is not a problem for me. But, I've been bitten by the Glock bug, a Glock 19. It's less expensive, and as far as I'm concerned, every bit as reliable. I DO NOT WANT A GLOCK VS. SIG DEBATE, but, which one should I go with. I already have a SIG 2022 & a P6. Decisions decisions.

What's the point of your thread?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Hey, you still looking at this thread?
    Get up to the gun shop and get that Glock-19.
    Toorop likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Both (G19 and SIG 229) are fine pistols. I have a Gen 4 G19. It is excellent! I purchased it at a shop that only sells to LEO and Military. They sell Glock, Sig, and S&W. I chose the Glock because of reputation and costs. I spent the difference on ammo. I have no regrets.

Good luck with your decision.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

If you already have the great SIG P 6 then you're already there as far as practical concealed carry choices go.

You're not filling a needed niche based on the pistols you already have that are suitable for concealed carry. Unless you particularly like collecting a bunch of concealed carry pistols, branch out. Have some fun. Get a .22 for a change.
    oneshot likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    If you already have the great SIG P 6 then you're already there as far as practical concealed carry choices go.

You're not filling a needed niche based on the pistols you already have that are suitable for concealed carry. Unless you particularly like collecting a bunch of concealed carry pistols, branch out. Have some fun. Get a .22 for a change.
    Yeah... I thought about that too... An AR-style .22. Or even an AR15... I buy about 1 firearm a month and I'm itching to buy something.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post

Agreed. Unless you're collecting Sigs to try to get as many as you can (like me), branch out and get something different. OR... you could get a Sig .22 ... even better.

Otherwise I'd still choose the 229... :)

Glock
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

Let's really mix it up... Can anyone recommend a reliable .22 semi-auto rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDetailer View Post
    Let's really mix it up... Can anyone recommend a reliable .22 semi-auto rifle?

For short money, Ruger 10/22, What else???

Hell, you ARE the OP. Lets go back to Glock or Sig. My Gen 2 19 has thousands of rounds thru it, never, never had any malfunction of any type. I have a Sig 220 I like equally as well but I guess I favor Glocks. Never had an issue with that either, good solid pistol. We can't buy new Glocks in Massachusetts but if we could, I'd have me a Gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by greencobra View Post
    For short money, Ruger 10/22, What else???
    Not being familiar with the 10/22, are there higher cap mags available?

I was thinking .22 handgun of some sort but everyone one needs a good .22 rifle as well and the 10/22 fills the bill. High-capacity magazines are commonly available.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

If you have no problems waitng a bit. Save and go for the sig since you have your heart set on it. And you already have a nice collection of sigs going
    kmagnuss likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links