NIB HK45C or NIB Usp45C in SS?

This is a discussion on NIB HK45C or NIB Usp45C in SS? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi guys, I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the HK45C in LEM (light version) and the USP 45c with stainless slide in ...

Thread: NIB HK45C or NIB Usp45C in SS?

NIB HK45C or NIB Usp45C in SS?

Hi guys,

I'm having a hard time trying to decide between the HK45C in LEM (light version) and the USP 45c with stainless slide in Variant 1. I can buy the HK45C for 1,035 shipped and the USP45c Stainless (2009 build date, AK series) for $825 shipped. I dont' really have much of a preference with trigger systems. I prefer the looks of the USP with stainless slide and the ergonomics s are pretty close. I'm torn and wonder if the HK45c is worth the premium price versus the 09 which is becoming very hard to find, especially NIB. Any opinions appreciated.
    Thanks
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

2. Remove Ads

I think the hk45c has better ergonomics if you ask me.

I do prefer the mag release on the HK45c.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified

I'd have to look again but I think the hk45c has a lower bore axis as well helping with recoil.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Given a choice, I would tend to go for the stainless USP. The HK stainless slide is a work of art IMHO. How many will be made and for how long... who knows, but the newer HK45 series will probably be available long into the future. Go for the least available while it's available.

No wrong decision here, either way you go you'll have a world class pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Given a choice, I would tend to go for the stainless USP. The HK stainless slide is a work of art IMHO. How many will be made and for how long... who knows, but the newer HK45 series will probably be available long into the future. Go for the least available while it's available.

I agree that visually, it is the better looking gun. The SS slides are no longer being produce on any HK guns, so this is another plus. It would also look great next to my Kahr PM9, when I buy that. LOL
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified

VIP Member

^ripley^^^^^^^^^

makes a compelling argument.
    Don't have any experience with HK, as they are pricey for my bank account, but know they are fine pistols.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

jyo
    I have an HK 45C and really like it a lot---I also have an HK USPc 9mm with the stainless slide---both excellent pistols---really tough choice...

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I like the HK45c a lot. They just feel so right in my hand.

VIP Member
    My Usp45C is the best shooting handgun I've owned over the last 40yrs. That about sums it up...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Stainless USPs appeal to me...

I'm a little biased here as I own two stainless slide H&K USPs - a 40 compact and a 45 full size. I have always liked the looks of the stainless USPs, and they function perfectly. If I found a NIB USP45c I would be very tempted to buy it.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I love my HK45c, but there is something about a SS USP that screams "BUY ME!!!"

+1 either is awesome. The stainless USPc is tuff to pass up because it's stainless and they look so nice. The 45c is phenomenal and seems to do everything right.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    While you can't go wrong with either, IMHO the LEM - light version will make it a better handling weapon. I just converted my P2000 SKs to the light LEM and they are so sweet to shoot.

Again either are great choices!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Links