Picking up a new firearm tomorrow but can't decide on what to get.

This is a discussion on Picking up a new firearm tomorrow but can't decide on what to get. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, like the title says I'm looking to score a new pistol/revolver tomorrow, but I cant figure out just what I want.. Tough problem huh... ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Picking up a new firearm tomorrow but can't decide on what to get.

Well, like the title says I'm looking to score a new pistol/revolver tomorrow, but I cant figure out just what I want..

Tough problem huh... Anyway, been checking out all the guns in the running all day long on youtube and have compiled a list, but wanted to see what you folks have to say, for the good, or bad. So, if you don't mind let me know whatch think, and if you don't see anything that you like please feel free to let me know any suggestions. I was thinking revolver, but I still like the autos too, so everything's on the table. Like to stay around $800, or below.

Here's my list.

Springfield EMP
    Kimber Solo
    Sig 290
    maybe Another P238 the HD version
    Ruger SP101
    S&W 325 Nightguard
    S&W 340PD
    Walther PPS 9mm
    And of course another Glock, maybe a G19 or another G26 4th gen

Thanks!

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Application??

Can't go wrong with a 3rd generation GLOCK 19, I'm not sold on the 4th generation yet. As far as revolvers go the Ruger SP101 is on my list.
    Toorop likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    If you have a list that long, I don't think you're ready to get a gun tomorrow.

Just picked up a Ruger SP101 2.25" in .357Mag a couple weeks ago. Could very well be the best money I've ever spent. I was looking for a revolver that I could conceal, take to the range frequently, and leave in my will someday. I believe I've found it. hehehe It's not hard to tell why folks call the SP101 the "Little Tank".

Out of your list, i would opt for teh Ruger. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Yup, I'm leaning towards the Ruger SP101 or the S&W 340PD, but have always eyed the PPS and would love a 6 shot .45 ACP revolver....

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    If you have a list that long, I don't think you're ready to get a gun tomorrow.
    LOL, I don't know why that would be.... I have a list a mile long; it's the funds that's the problem.

How about a 5.25" Springer? I've heard that they shoot SAAAWEEEET!! As if all Spingers don't...:)
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Wish I had your problem! Enjoy.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    The G-19 is a great purchase well under your 800 bucks, especially if you can find a Gen 3 on sale. If you are like me and just collecting another fun option is the Smith Govener, Multi ammo (45 Colt, 45 gap or 45 ACP or .410 buck shots,shot shells or slugs) It has night sights and goes for mid 6 hundred dollars. Great for walking the dog!

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    if you're talking carry size, I too prefer the Ruger SP101 as an "addition" to the collection. If it's just to add another handgun at that price point, I'd be on the lookout for a 6" Redhawk in .44 mag
    gottabkiddin likes this.

I don't see S&W M&P on the list.

Hey GBK - I envy your problem. I've got a $2k car repair bill coming. Almost makes me regret ordering a Glock 30 - but on the other hand, it makes the Glock seem cheap! And the Glock will be with me long after the car is gone.

Your short list is all over the place. It would help to know a bit more of what you're looking for.

I know you have quite a few handguns already. How are you fixed for long guns? I think you've mentioned having a shotgun. Maybe get a rifle or a carbine instead of another handgun? I could think of a few decent ones in your price range.

Good luck!
    gottabkiddin and oneshot like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Forgot to mention that the PPS is on sale right now at Cabelas. Nice and thin very nice small carry gun! On your wish list.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

I love these threads I get to tell you what to buy? Ok well I think you should get a Chiappa Rhino if you want to have different gun and may use it for hunting then the 6" is the way to go if you want to carry then the 2". The white Rhino is really nice looking but these things shoot sooooooo well, my wife who is recoil sensitive shot 125 grain Speer 357 mags through it yesterday at 15 yards and she had a group of around 7" all double action. 38 Special +p are like shooting a 22 rimfire out of revolver yes that good. The principle behind these is just crazy and I am so impressed how it reduces felt recoil and keeps the sights inline with the target I have no problem recommending that anyone buy one. When i choose revolver to carry that is my go to gun it is easy to conceal as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links