which would you get?

This is a discussion on which would you get? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Tahunua001 with all due respect I've learned how to clear stovepipes with the Beretta M9 pricetag $500 I've learned how to deal ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: which would you get?

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahunua001 View Post
    with all due respect
    I've learned how to clear stovepipes with the Beretta M9 pricetag $500
    I've learned how to deal with a slide locking back at random times with a Kahr CW40, pricetag $450
    I've learned how to deal with poorly balanced and top heavy guns with a heckler and koch USP pricetag $900
    there is no such thing as perfect gun and there are "real guns" that DO behave like the hipoint.
    i so disagree.....really
    perfection can be defined by need and there can be more than one way to do it....and both ( or more ways ) may achieve it.
    so a factor of achievement is perception of satisfaction
    i have no few than 8 guns: H&K P7,Sig C3, S&W M60 Pro 357 3", M60 357 5", Kimber gold match(1998) this is some
    and i'll leave it to you to figure what makes these perfect--to me, besides accuracy and dependancy.

point im going for is that blanket statments detract from whatever you are saying--
    it goes to credibility--how you type reflect in part how you think
    which now has me to think how it feels to shoot ones self in da foot...

but today ends in a 'y' and thats cause the sun ran slower than yesterday
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

2. Remove Ads

I'm not a huge fan of Taurus, but for a bit more money, their 24X7, as well as their quite concealable "Slim" models, both available in 9mm, offer pretty solid construction, along with a lifetime warranty. Unless you live in the ghetto, where there's always a resale market for any gun, you're better of starting with better name brand gun and not a Hi Point or Arcus. A lot of people slam Taurus and they made their share of junk in their time, but those two pistols are good. For even more money, I'll go out on a limb here and say their 1911 is built straight off of the Colt 1911 design and for a whole lot less than the Colt or most other 1911's for that matter, offers an nice pistol at a great price. It also has darn good resale/trade value.

If you want to save a few bucks and go with 22LR--(and compared to 9mm you'll save on ammo too) I'd recommend the S&W M&P 22 although the Rugers are fine too. Unlike the other M&P's it's made by Walther and is basically the P22, but built quite a bit heavier--is very sturdy and unlike Walther guns sold in the USA, the S&W M&P has a real lifetme warranty that they proudly back up with excellent customer service. As Walther's USA distributer, you get the same excellent S&W support network for USA purchased Walthers, BUT Walther only allows distributor S&W to warranty Walther products for one year--then you're on your own.

Sig makes some great guns, (and Walther's true German made guns, especially older ones, are mostly excellent) but if you read up on the Mosquito, you'll probably agree with many that the Mosquito isn't one of Sigs better guns, to put it nicely. The Walther P22 and Mosquito initially feel real nice--like high quality secret agent man toys, but after a while, the plasticky nature of them and their questionable durabilty may come to bother you. I wouldn't want to drop one on a rock out in the field.

My advice is to save up $75--$100 more and get a better quality gun that you can trade later or keep for life, maybe even passing it on to your kids much later on. I have a number of Glocks--long a standard bearer for quality and durabilty (but not the Generation 4 Glocks, in my opinion) but lately, I'm buying the S&W M&P line. (Along with a whole lot of police depts)

A 3rd Gen. Glock would be an excellent choice too, IMO--and the prices posted here (with night sights) are pretty good--try and find those prices at a local gun shop-it's pretty hard. (sad to say) Those Glocks may not be the sexiest, but they shoot well and above all, are durable and reliable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links