Need a new concealable handgun

Need a new concealable handgun

This is a discussion on Need a new concealable handgun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking in the next month or so (as a birthday treat to myself) to buy a more concealable gun. I've been in a tight ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a new concealable handgun

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Question Need a new concealable handgun

I'm looking in the next month or so (as a birthday treat to myself) to buy a more concealable gun. I've been in a tight financial pickle over the last year so I sold a lot of my guns just to stay afloat. Currently I only have my 1911 and my EAA Witness. Both are fantastic guns, but aren't the best for a deep conceal. Now that I am back on my feet again, I want to start looking for a deep conceal gun to replace mt G36 which I had to sell.

I prefer either a .40 cal or 9mm. Something small and easy to conceal under a T-shirt... no mouse gun, but not a 1911 either. Maybe a 3.5" barrel at most. I prefer semi-auto to wheel guns. I am looking to keep it at or around $350 and something that is relatively easy to train and shoot with. Any ideas? Thanks.

I doubt that you would be able to pick one up for $350, but I like my XD40SC. I paid $500 for the gun kit (2 mags, mag holder, and holster). If they sell just the gun with 1 mag, you might be able to get it for cheaper.

VIP Member
    You might look at the Kahr CW9 or CW40. Bud's has them listed at about $360. with free shipping. Not sure what an FFL there would charge for a transfer fee.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

A friend of mine shot a SR9C a few times. He enjoyed it. Recall those being a little cheaper.

Kel tec PF9, Bersa BP9cc, Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact, Taurus PT709 or PT740, Diamondback DB9, Ruger LC9. Checking all of those options out should keep you busy for a while.

I have the pt709 and Bersa thunder 9 uc and both have been great for me. I've shot my buddy's PT740 and I like it even more than my PT709. I personally know several people with the LC9 and Kel Tec and they've been great for them. GReat reviews so far on the BP9cc also. I believe all of those are in the price range you mentioned.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Ruger LC9. Solid company, good price, fine little gun.

VIP Member
    LC9 You can find them on sale. The Ruger is a good choice for a 9MM and low cost. It has several safety issues ( that I can live with). some people do not like all of the safeties. Only comes with one mag so you should consider picking up an extra one. Plus a good holster.

Used Glock 26. Or save up some more pennies and get a new one.

Another idea is try a Smartcarry - might work with what you already have. If you don't like it, you can send it back for a refund.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Kahr CW9 or CM9

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    In the $350. price range ... Ruger LC9 if you don't mind all the safety stuff or a Kel-Tec PF9 or P11, or S&W Sigma SW40VE or SW9VE.

For a few dollars more Ruger SR9c SR40c. Or save up a little more and get a Block G26.

I sure like my Kahr CW45. Kahr also makes some good 9mm's that fit your criteria. Had the Kahr CW9 been in production when I bought my Kel-Tec PF9, I might well have ended up w/ the Kahr, instead.

Kahr CM9 for $363 w/ free shipping.
    Kahr Arms CM9 9mm 3" Barrel 6 Rounds Polymer Frame Stainless Steel Slide - $363.42 | Slickguns

Kahr CW9 for $328 w/ free shipping.
    Kahr Arms CW9 9mm Luger 3.5" Barrel 7 Rounds White Bar Dot Sights Stainless - $328 | Slickguns
    Kahr CW9 for $350 w/ free shipping.
    Kahr Arms 7 + 1 Round 9MM w/3.5" Barrel - $349.99 + Free Shipping | Slickguns

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I doubt that you would be able to pick one up for $350, but I like my XD40SC. I paid $500 for the gun kit (2 mags, mag holder, and holster). If they sell just the gun with 1 mag, you might be able to get it for cheaper.
    I'll second this one, I love my SA XD40 SC, my brother got the SA XD9 SC and he likes it also. Good luck with your search.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'll second the Bersa Thunder series, excelent guns, I have the Bersa Thunder 40 ultra compact pro. As I understand it, they're based on the design of the Walter p-88. Not a clone, but just looking at pic of the two you can see a similarity. Biggest difference between the two, it the Bersa has a frame mounted safety rather than the slide mounted one on the Walther.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

While we're throwing in 'seconds'...I'll second the Glock-26, not exactly a pocket gun, but still easy to conceal.
    You already sold the G-36...big mistake in my book, but we all have our own tastes.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've been a Glock guy ever since I started carrying, but I just bought the wife the Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm compact. It's a great little gun....12 round mag, fits the hand great and is very concealable. Nice looking gun and shoots very well, little recoil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links