Tell me about your M&P 45c

This is a discussion on Tell me about your M&P 45c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 2 weeks ago, my fiance bought herself an M&P9c, and after spending a little bit of time with it, handling it and shooting it, I ...

Thread: Tell me about your M&P 45c

Tell me about your M&P 45c

2 weeks ago, my fiance bought herself an M&P9c, and after spending a little bit of time with it, handling it and shooting it, I can't remember the last time a gun felt so good in my hands. I'm really interested in finding out some info on the .45 version.

This is what I've gathered so far:

- It's 8+1
    - The trigger sucks, but is easily fixed with Apex parts.
    - It's practically identical in size to my current Glock 36 EDC (.2 inches longer barrel & .02 wider)

My LGS doesn't have any in stock, nor any available to rent, so I'd like to hear from anyone who's currently carrying one. Any ammo yours doesn't like, any known problems with them, how you carry, etc...
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have a 9c.
    To me the trigger "does not suck".
    Is it as good as a trigger on a $1000 rifle?.....No
    If the .45 is anything like the 9c, it will eat, chew-up and spit out any ammo you throw at it.
    Skinny girl at work has a FS .45 and she really likes it.
    Nephew has an M&P FS .40, and another handful plus people I know have an M&P 9mm in some variant

Thats all I got
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

They are great guns

I havent had a single FTF or FTE

It is my primary carry

I did the DIY trigger job in about an hour.
    (my first trigger job)

It came out very well

APEX can also be an option

OR....... Some folks just shoot them and dry fire them everything smooths out on its own

I would also recommend the crossbreed...... The pistol carries well in it
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I'm looking seriously at one myself. I own a 40c and like the op, found the trigger sucked as well and had it worked on. There is something about these guns, i hate the expression, but they're awesome.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    What does the trigger job does exactly? I like the trigger the way it is in my 9 full size.

Dimensions are almost identical to a Glock 19, except the slide is 1.1" wide vs 1.0" for the G19. My trigger is stock and it works fine. I have a few M&P's and not sure what all the trigger hate is on this forum for the stock trigger. Works fine.
    Next to my Glock 30SF, my fave polymer .45. Melts in your hand just like the 9C.

next to the M&P9C and the G19......the .45 obviously makes much, much larger holes.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

My only gripe against the m&p 45 is the low capacity. My buddy has the full size and its 10+1........... every other poly full size .45 is doing atleast 13+1 with the same size footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    What does the trigger job does exactly? I like the trigger the way it is in my 9 full size.
    It does three things.

1) Rounds the edge on the USB (the biggest contributer to the gritty pull)

2) slightly recontours and smooths parts of the sear which lowers trigger pull and smooths action

3) polishes the contact points, which also gives a smoother pull

....Whenever I still can

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Dimensions are almost identical to a Glock 19, except the slide is 1.1" wide vs 1.0" for the G19. My trigger is stock and it works fine. I have a few M&P's and not sure what all the trigger hate is on this forum for the stock trigger. Works fine.
    Next to my Glock 30SF, my fave polymer .45. Melts in your hand just like the 9C.

next to the M&P9C and the G19......the .45 obviously makes much, much larger holes.

The M&P gives you the same performance and reliability as the Glock and maybe even better with the last rev of the Glock (4)

To me, the Glock just doesnt feel good in the hand....... Great pistol..... Just not for me.

But...... Look at the pictures........ The M&P has much better ergos than the Glock

And..... Much more importantly........ The M&P is made in the USA

....Whenever I still can

Thank you all. Yeah, I believe I've found my next carry gun, I'll have my LGS start trying to track one down without the thumb safety or magazine disconnect. Seeing it beside the G19 really cemented it for me.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

I carried a 45c for awhile and it was a good gun. Reliable, accurate and the M&P line in general I have found to be the most ergonomic pistols ever designed. Seriously, holding one just feels sooooooo good. I would agree that the trigger leaves a bit to be desired. I wouldn't say it "sucks" but I wouldn't say it's good either. What I would say is that it is adequate and and I never found the "feel" of it to actually effect accuracy or shootablitly in anyway. I ended up selling the gun because I found it a bit large and heavy for EDC. It was a personal preference thing. I would rather carry 11 rounds of 9mm in a small 26 oz package as opposed to 9 rounds of .45 in a medium 36 oz package.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    My only gripe against the m&p 45 is the low capacity. My buddy has the full size and its 10+1........... every other poly full size .45 is doing atleast 13+1 with the same size footprint.
    at the expense of a axe handle grip for the extra five rounds. The XD or XDm 45 vs M&P 45 Compact and concealability? Not even a comparison. If you can't get it done with 8+1 45ACP, I would suggest a good pair of Nike running shoes so you can haul your butt out of danger.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by genauwiedu View Post
    I went with the .40 S&W. Bigger and better then a 9mm but more rounds then the 45acp.

Links