My new EDC- Kahr CW45

My new EDC- Kahr CW45

This is a discussion on My new EDC- Kahr CW45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife applied recently for her CPL (finally) and has been researching what she wants to carry. She keeps coming back to the same conclusion, ...

My new EDC- Kahr CW45

My wife applied recently for her CPL (finally) and has been researching what she wants to carry. She keeps coming back to the same conclusion, she wants the Kahr CW9 I've carried for the last four years. I really do feel these are the ideal carry guns and have talked several people into them, which is usually easy after they shoot mine. Since I like the CW9 so much I've had my eye on the CW45 for quite a while and figured this was the perfect excuse to pick one up so Tuesday I did and we went and shot it yesterday. It performed flawlessly from the very first round with both FMJ and HP's. The gun is very accurate for its purpose and the recoil is really controllable. The ergonomics of this Kahr CW's are perfect for me. I can't recommend the Kahr CW series enough for the quality and performance of these pistols in this price range. I have a feeling my pretty Kimber will be sitting in the safe from now on.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Nice choice!

detroit9mm,
    Your experience w/ the CW45 sounds just like my experience w/ my CW45, except for the part about the Kimber; I don't have to worry about my Kimber sitting in my safe since I don't have a Kimber!

I hope you continue to enjoy your CW45. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my factory Citadel Officer's size 1911 mags (ACT) both run fine in my CW45, although one fails to lock open the slide after the last shot. In addition, both Officer's size 1911 mags have a 7 round capacity as opposed to the Kahr 6 round capacity.

Nice Moonie!
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Had a rough start with mine but Kahr made everything good and there isn't a 45 I would rather carry!

Congrats and enjoy.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

VIP Member
    I love my CW45. Only problem I've had with it was trying to use Tula Ammo. It would not function with it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Have any of you tried Lead SWC in 180 or 200 in your car?

I love my cw9. But I also have the same feeling for my Kimber ultra crimson carry2.

Links