Para lda

Para lda

This is a discussion on Para lda within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; looking at a para LDA .45 wanna make it a carry gun. does anyone have any reviews or opinions about them???...

Thread: Para lda

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Para lda

looking at a para LDA .45 wanna make it a carry gun. does anyone have any reviews or opinions about them???
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Anyone??????? I just think it's a neet gun but I have never had a Light Double Action gun
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I have a Para Carry 9 that has the LDA. When the gun will cycle, it is a tack driver. I got tired of sending it back to Para on my dime to try to get it running properly, and it is now in the bottom of my safe. I consider it a $800 oops.

Don't have the LDA, so this may not help...but my P-13/45 is great. I've heard that earlier Para's were better made, and maybe the later ones since the complaints. I'd like to hear about your LDA though, if you get one, since I thought it was a good idea
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

I have a LDA. As said it is a tac driver. I have no complaints. I am not fond of the trigger because of the long reset. I do carry it though but it is not my primary carry. It does make other people feel safer when I open carry with it.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

thanks. I have one I can pick up for $375 I think I am gonna jump on it.

Hell yeah for $375 I would too. I shot a LDA once and actually really liked it.

Dont own one, but have quite a few rounds through one. I love the trigger, but opinions go either way. It's a trigger you either love or hate, sort of like the Kahr's. It's super accurate, and conceals well. I would love a full size single stack .45 LDA, but Para sure is proud of those things ($$$$!!!) For $375 I would jump all over it!

Something to watch is the finish. Unless you get stainless, the finish sucks. They show wear very quickly. I think it gives it character, but others may just hate a crappy finish.
    Last edited by kb2wji; March 9th, 2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: more info

VIP Member
    I have a Carry 9 with the LDA and have no complaints.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I had a LDA 45 Carry. It was a tack driver as others have said BUT, It spent more time at Para than with me. They never could get it to be reliable. It took a year and was returned 3 or 4 times until they replaced the Gun. As soon as I got the new gun I sold it. The new gun may have been O.K. BUT, I was not going to go through the pain in the ass and money spent on ammo to break in another Para 45.

I've been carrying a Carry 9 LDA for about 5 years now and I have no intentions of replacing it any time soon. Its a perfect fit for me but I can see how it might earn a bad reputation with some.

A) This finish sucks, bad! I have never seen a gun wear like this before. Nothing some dura-coat wont fix i guess.

B) You can't limp-wrist these guns at all or they will not cycle and no amount of time spent back at the factory will fix it. If the one your looking at is a fullsize it might not be such an issue.

C) If you are looking at a compact model you better have some strong hands in order to overcome the recoil spring and rack the slide. I've watched grown men struggle with mine, and actually had a "firearms instructor" tell me there was something wrong with it.

I think the idea of the LDA is the best adaptation to the Browning design since it came out. Allows cocked and locked carry without the safety concerns. Plus all the Para's I've delt with have been generally reliable. For 375 you can't lose.

I just bought one of these today used 4 mags and some ammo. I am really looking forward to it if the finish goes south then I will have the Robar finish put on it. Man I wish i could found a deal like that. Nice.

Ok, I took it to a CQC match sunday and it ran really well. I shot 100 rounds at the regular range and it was perfect and shot it 2 runs in CQC 18 rounds each without missing a beat. The only issue I have is that I carried it for three days now and don't really like it as far as comfort. I have a lot of other guns for carry and range and this one kinda falls into the middle. I shoot bullseye better with my traditional 1911's and I shoot combat better with my glocks so I can't find a good reason to keep it. I didn't buy it for any reason but to carry so I am gonna sell it and put the 30SF back on the hip. If anyone wants a sweet deal shoot me a PM.

The Paras aren't for everyone. Good luck with yours.

I have a pre-ban P-14 bought used, the original owner had the shop owner/gun smith do a smooth and reliability job on it, decided it was too heavy and traded it back in on a single stack. I have run 10s of thousands of rounds through it with no problems and it is my EDC. Personally I think the LDA is a solution looking for a problem, as for "other people" being more comfortable with the hammer down for OC, they're probably uncomfortable with seeing a gun anyway so I don't care.

A coworker has one. I tried it out at the range and it was accurate and never malfunctioned. I was impressed. It has the lightest double-action trigger I have ever felt.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." - Thomas Jefferson

Links