My Gun Is Better Than Yours

This is a discussion on My Gun Is Better Than Yours within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by azchevy It's not the firearm, it's the operator. This pretty much sums it up....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: My Gun Is Better Than Yours

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    It's not the firearm, it's the operator.
    This pretty much sums it up.

2. Remove Ads

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    I wouldn't critize another persons choice of handguns. I know what works for me and that's all I care about, unless it one of my friends or family. There seem to be some "gun of the month club members" around, but I've pretty much stuck with the same guns all of my life.
    Being a Police Firearms Instructor for 27 years as part of my job of being a Law Enforcement Officer for 34 years I know what works for me and mine. I've been retired for 8 years and I now teach folks who are my friends and the folks who have a true desire to protect themselves and their families. I teach lots of Doctors and Nurses that my wife work with and their wives and husbands. I've seen the strengths and weakness of of alot of handguns, both in the LE and Civilian Side of things.

I might tell someone what I think is better for a certain job or type of shooting, but what they use boils down to what they want.
    If the carrying of a firearm is for self defense then folks can live or die with their decisions, the same as me.

I always say, Good Luck and make a good Choice and remember when you buy a firearm, buy quality because, "what is your life and the life of you family worth?"

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

We are still on this discussion?

Ridiculously too funny!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    It is probably true. There is a reason so many professionals choose Glock.
    Most professionals are "told" what there department is going to use, and dont have much choice.
    Dont shop the "cheap aisle" for a carry gun.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFvr View Post
    Most professionals are "told" what there department is going to use, and dont have much choice.
    Really? And why do so many esteemed trainers use Glock? Would you expand on your statement?

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    ... and irony starts to rear it's ugly face.

Hmmmmmmm, somewhere Glock made a name for themselves just as other gun makers did before. Not to say they are not a quality weapon. However, as many have stated there is no one best weapon. Just because so many esteemed trainers use Glock's does not mean there is no other weapon worth using. There are other quality gun makers out there such as S&W, Beretta, Ruger, etc.

I find it quite amusing that so many believe Glock is the holy grail of weapons. Makes one wonder how anyone managed in the days before Glock's.

FYI: I own a Glock.

What's right isn't always popular. What's popular isn't always right.
    -- Howard Cosell
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

It's not the color of the pen, the model of the pen, nor the size of the pen...it's the penmanship!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Big words for someone using a keyboard
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    It's not the firearm, it's the operator.
    Sometimes it is the gun, e.g. Hi-Point.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    First let me say that I agree with the statement that my gun is better than yours. Let me also say that I agree with the statement that your gun is better than mine. I hear and see the argument all of the time and the answer is simple. The better gun is the one that you carry and have trained with. I recieve many Gun magazines and I agree with one quote in a advertisement. Amateurs talk hardware and pros talk training. Is there room for product debate ?, yes. Is there a answer that will put this to bed ?, No. With most of the current firearm companies a consumer will get a product that can outperform and outlast them. There are exceptions, but most of us recognize them and accept them for what they are. I can take any firearm and create a FTF, FTE, and a list of problems if I try. Let me finish by saying that MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOURS. You just have to take my word for it.
    Well said. It is like golf: Tiger Woods could pick up the cheapest-low-budget-disposable clubs he could find (at Wal-mart) and play a pretty respectable round. There is no doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Really? And why do so many esteemed trainers use Glock? Would you expand on your statement?
    I cant beleive I have to spell this out...As of 2006 there were approximately 800,000 law enforcement personnel in the U.S., consisting of Sheriffs, Police Departments, Highway Patrol, Homeland Security, BATF, FBI....just to name a few. Most of those "departments" tell their "professional" members what brand and type they are required to use. Again, "most" (more than 400,000) dont have the freedom of choice. I would guess its closer to 85%-90% have no choice....just an educated guess. How many esteemed trainers are in the U.S. ? I'm again guessing....but probably less than 400,000.
    Dont shop the "cheap aisle" for a carry gun.

This thread should be closed and marked as a waste of our time
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    My gun is better than yours because its mine. What good is your gun going to do when I need it?

Cause if your gun is a Glock I can use it better than you can! I shoot Glocks every week at the range. What are you shooting? How many rounds are you putting down range each week? Me, 200+ rounds including "Social Ammo", like Winchester Ranger T's.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links