My Gun Is Better Than Yours

This is a discussion on My Gun Is Better Than Yours within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Blue Thunder Cause if your gun is a Glock I can use it better than you can! I shoot Glocks every week ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: My Gun Is Better Than Yours

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Cause if your gun is a Glock I can use it better than you can! I shoot Glocks every week at the range. What are you shooting? How many rounds are you putting down range each week? Me, 200+ rounds including "Social Ammo", like Winchester Ranger T's.
    So are you volunteering to be my bodyguard? What good is your range time going to do me when I'm in a situation where I need to defend myself? In that situation, my gun is the best gun in the whole wide world because its mine and I have it when I need it.

2. Remove Ads

I think for a lot of us who grew up around guns, they've sort of become like cars or tools or footwear.

There are tons of different choices; some are better than others, BUT, it's better to have transportation, working tools, and something covering your feet, than nothing at all.
    "Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies." -Lewis Grizzard

It's not the tool

It's the hand it's in that makes it work

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    My point that I was making is the best gun is the one you have when you need it. What good is your uber expensive whatever that you keep pampered in the safe when some thug is trying to stick a shiv in your gut? Its the gun that's on your person that's the best gun, so obviously the gun that I have on my person is the best gun. Conversely, your gun is the best gun (to you) because its the one that's going to save your life (hopefully).

Yeah, we know this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Administrator
    "Amateurs talk hardware and pros talk training."

and when the pros are finished training they talk training and in addition they also talk hardware.
    Toorop likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Hmmmmmmm, somewhere Glock made a name for themselves just as other gun makers did before. Not to say they are not a quality weapon. However, as many have stated there is no one best weapon. Just because so many esteemed trainers use Glock's does not mean there is no other weapon worth using. There are other quality gun makers out there such as S&W, Beretta, Ruger, etc.

I find it quite amusing that so many believe Glock is the holy grail of weapons. Makes one wonder how anyone managed in the days before Glock's.

FYI: I own a Glock.

What's right isn't always popular. What's popular isn't always right.
    -- Howard Cosell
    True but I do think it is worth something to note that Glock seems to be the modern standard of handguns. There are many quality weapons such as Sig, Beretta, S&W, Walther, and many others but I am just pointing out that many automatically assume we are here to proclaim Glock as the end-all be-all. Either way I am a Glock fan, but I do love Sig and HK. I just go with Glock because of the value I get out of them and I am comfortable with them. There truly is no best gun. There are best features about each particular gun and platform. I like Glocks because they are lightweight for carry, but the Sig is nice and heavy making it easy to shoot. Or the Glock being a DAO while the HK is a DA/SA. There really is no best gun.

Amateurs argue equipment, professionals argue tactics is how I have heard it said.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Big words for someone using a keyboard
    ROFL!! Man I wish I could laugh that hard every day!
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links