My Gun Is Better Than Yours

This is a discussion on My Gun Is Better Than Yours within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First let me say that I agree with the statement that my gun is better than yours. Let me also say that I agree with ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: My Gun Is Better Than Yours

My Gun Is Better Than Yours

First let me say that I agree with the statement that my gun is better than yours. Let me also say that I agree with the statement that your gun is better than mine. I hear and see the argument all of the time and the answer is simple. The better gun is the one that you carry and have trained with. I recieve many Gun magazines and I agree with one quote in a advertisement. Amateurs talk hardware and pros talk training. Is there room for product debate ?, yes. Is there a answer that will put this to bed ?, No. With most of the current firearm companies a consumer will get a product that can outperform and outlast them. There are exceptions, but most of us recognize them and accept them for what they are. I can take any firearm and create a FTF, FTE, and a list of problems if I try. Let me finish by saying that MY GUN IS BETTER THAN YOURS. You just have to take my word for it.
    accessbob, Secret Spuk and Toorop like this.

2. Remove Ads

It's not the firearm, it's the operator.

No way! My gun is WAY better!

In all seriousness, I absolutely agree with your post.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I agree!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    So when I'm told "Its the lose nut on the trigger" that makes my gun shoot so bad, they are actually talking about me. Noooooooooooo Waaaayyyyyyyyy.

Well said, it's what works for "You" that makes that gun "the best" and we all know that varies from person to person.

I'll be the first to admit that if my Glock could shoot on it's own, it would be far better than me. But I'm still trying.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I agree that it is mostly the operator....but it makes me shake my head in wonder when folks continue to shop at "Harbor Freight" when they need quality tools, to do the job right and well (those are the "amateurs")....same thing with a "carry" gun that they are depending on to save a life....why is it often bragging "look how little I spent, and how cheap I can go"..."look at the Yugo I got, wait why isnt it working now?..."(and none of us really need a BMW, Mercedes, or Porsche)....then there is the flip side, where folks think they need to spend ridiculous amounts on a carry gun, and often have the same frustrations as the Yugo's....I think I might have just given .03 worth....jmo
    Last edited by SGFvr; March 9th, 2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: misspell
    Dont shop the "cheap aisle" for a carry gun.

VIP Member
    'Very true, but there are some guns that truly stink on ice.

For those of us that uh... might... have more than one gun , it's often amusing to witness heated battles over 'my gun is better than your gun'.

I want to punch myself in the face for reading this!
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    When I have owned a KT pf-9 that had 2000 rounds fire with no problems of any kind and then read a tread on what ammo do you use in your 1911 and most are useing fmj as they allways cycle and afterall its a 45caliber it does make me wonder about low cost and high cost firearms. Just becuses ain't pretty or costly don't mean it does not work well. I carry a Kahr now after a seasoned shooter said it was junk and would not shot a mag full with out a faulure. Price was right, cleaned lube and 1200 rounds later one great gun. had to buy anoughter one. Another good one. No Yugo here and not high dollar cars. Hondas and chevy trucks. Fairly certen they will go the distance with just a bit of upkeep.

Take your chances and buy your toys and hope they work well. Nothing is guarantied to run well for ever.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    any gun will do if you will
    Secret Spuk and WHEC724 like this.

Are you sure the thread title wasn't supposed to be "My Glock is better than your gun."
    multistage and Toorop like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Well someone just let the cat out of the bag. You know it's sometimes good to not give all the answers away, it just makes it harder to segregate the good topics from the one's worth skipping over.

Agreed, to a point. There are some firearms that are so bad that you may be safer without one, but a knowledgeable operator would never carry one of those, so in the end you're right.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Exactly my Jennings and Jeminez firearms are just as good as your Glocks and Dan Wesson's

I always smile when the better gun argument comes up.

You're right training is key and if you happen to be scrapping buy and can't afford a 1000.00 or even a 500.00 pistol because you are trying to keep your kids in soccer, dance, karate, t-ball, ect.
    I for one will not give you crap for owning a Hi-Point, because I would rather have a cheap gun than no gun.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links