Sig p226 mk25

This is a discussion on Sig p226 mk25 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey All, So I've been thinking about my next gun a lot recently. I've been bouncing around with a lot of different thoughts. After a ...

Thread: Sig p226 mk25

Sig p226 mk25

Hey All,

So I've been thinking about my next gun a lot recently. I've been bouncing around with a lot of different thoughts. After a lot of this bouncing I'm pretty settled on going with a 9mm of some sort. Of course this still leaves a lot of options, but being a SIG guy I want to give a P226 a good look.

So I wanted to get people's thoughts on the P226 in general, and the MK25 specifically if anyone has any hands on experience with it. I live in South Florida and spend time around the saltwater, so the corrosion control of the coating would be nice. I also fully admit the novelty of the engraved anchor and the "actual gun of the Navy SEALS" adds to it a bit... and I'm not ashamed to say it!

Okay, so I'm seriously not interested in a caliber discussion or thoughts on other 9mm guns. I'm already considering other guns (such as the Walther PPQ) and I'm just trying to talk about the 226 a bit.

Anyone care to share any thoughts?
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

2. Remove Ads

Mine is the Stainless Elite. A bit heavy, and it's big. But it's beautiful and shoots far beyond my skill. It's a 9, and the heavy frame makes it a honey to shoot. Despite the size and weight, I carry it. A lot. You can't beat a 226.

Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Springhill Suites, Marriott and Hilton hotels
    My 1st post on this forum.....been lurking for a month and reading.....I have a P226 MK25. It is a cool gun for sure....took a while to find one. It is very very accurate, smooth trigger, just simply a great shooting 9mm. I've had mine now for 3 weeks and have taken it it the range twice. 400 rounds no issues.

Yea I'm not too concerned about the size. My carry gun is a P239 in .40S&W and I have a S&W Model 642 in .38SPL for pocket carry. The P226 is primarily a 9mm to add to the collection, since I don't currently have one. I grew up shooting my Dad's P228 in 9mm and I like the way the caliber shoots.

On top of that, the longer barrel length and heavier gun is much more manageable for my wife. Her father has a P226 in 9mm and she loves shooting it. I'm also going to add a weapon light/laser to the rail.

Glad you guys have good feedback. Anyone else?
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I loved the gun. it is accurate and just an all around great pistol. It is heavy for carry but it is a nice gun. I recommend using MecGar mags over the factory mags as they are cheaper and hold more rounds. Not to mention Mecgar makes the factory mags for Sig but only makes them in a 15 round configuration for the standard mags. You can get MecGar marked mags with 18 rounds.

I'm in the same boat as you, had a west German P226 back in 89 sold it in 2005 and have regretted it ever since, it was such a nice firearm. Now I'm ordering a P226 mk25 also, I've read some posts that sig quality is not the same as before, but I'm dead set on getting one after all these years. Hope someone can enlighten me if the rumors of Sig quality is true. Finding an old German sig where I live will be problematic, my only choice will be a new one.

Love the 226. A little large, but I carry a 3rd gen S&W, so no big deal. The Sig shoots like a house afire, very accurate, trouble free, feeds everything. So, what's not to like?
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Inspector Harry Callahan

The 226 is a great overall gun. You wont go wrong. I like my 228 for carry better but the 226 is an awesome piece. The MK25 does make it a little cooler. Nothing wrong with that.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links