New XDM Compact 9mm range report

This is a discussion on New XDM Compact 9mm range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up my new Springfield XDM Compact 9mm last night from my neighbor who is an FFL out of his home and gets some ...

Thread: New XDM Compact 9mm range report

New XDM Compact 9mm range report

I picked up my new Springfield XDM Compact 9mm last night from my neighbor who is an FFL out of his home and gets some tremendous deals... Anyway, I got to put 200 rounds through it today.
    1. I think it is great having a polished ramp straight out of the case.
    2. I like the safety at the back of the grip.
    3. Nice to see the small ramp at the top of the slide behind the opening angled up indicating a round is chambered along with the indicator pin in back of the slide indicating it is cocked and ready to fire.
    4. Did not have a single FTF or jam or anything wrong with all 200 rds.

In the photos that follow:
    The #1 target was at 5 yds, the #2 was at 7.5 yds and after about 100 rds and the black dot was at 10 yds. Each one had 19 rounds (full clip) through them and the last black dot was after about 150 rds...
    Takes very little time to take the gun apart and clean.
    I am very very impressed...
    Attached Images
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

2. Remove Ads

Nice shooting, I went to a gun show last month to specifically pick one of these up but the M&P 9c felt so much better in my hand and it went home with me instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

DC
    I'm very impressed with my XD9. At 800 rounds, no failures yet. I have no complaints.

Thanks for the review on the XDM. I've been seriously considering one and looking forward checking one out to see how it feels.

Just curious, what were you used to shooting the most often and how do you compare the feel of the XDM to it?
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

I shot 2 XDm's 3.8" when considering my next 9mm (along with M&P, Kahr and Sig). I fell in love with the Springfield. I ended up with the XDm 4.5" 9mm. Goes nice with my G19/26 and HK USPc 9mm. It is a soft and accurate shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Honk View Post
    Thanks for the review on the XDM. I've been seriously considering one and looking forward checking one out to see how it feels.

Just curious, what were you used to shooting the most often and how do you compare the feel of the XDM to it?
    Walther Model 4 (pocket carry)
    Glock 19
    CZ75

I love the CZ a lot. Very comfortable and the grip is nice and high so recoil is not great jumping the muzzle up after each shot. But I think I am in lust with the XDM. It does have a little more kick but it is very manageable and controllable more than the Glock. What I really like is the back sights are flush with the back slide and if you laid the Glock or CZ slide to slide, the distance from the back sight to the front sight is almost the same distance. In fact, you can put the XDM back to a 1911 and you can see not much difference in distance between the sights. We all know the more distance between the two sights helps with aim and muzzle control. That was one big reason I went with the 3.8.

Hope that helps...

BTW, the XDM Compact comes with three different back straps to custom fit your hand. I have big hands and the medium that comes on the gun is fine... I have not tried the bigger strap yet but will report as soon as I do.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Links