My first CC wheelgun n my thoughts.

This is a discussion on My first CC wheelgun n my thoughts. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been contemplating for a while now on getting me a small revolver to cc. I am a big automatic fan and thought that ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By JerryMac
  • 4 Post By azchevy
  • 1 Post By Old School

Thread: My first CC wheelgun n my thoughts.

My first CC wheelgun n my thoughts.

I have been contemplating for a while now on getting me a small revolver to cc. I am a big automatic fan and thought that a revolver would be to cumbersome, and not easy to carry or conceal. With summer coming, I decided to go out on a limb, step outside the box, and i think the deal is what made me do it. I found a like new S&W airweight, with box papers, and the assurance it was only shot by Mom, propably on easter sundays only, but the gun appeared to be new money, and for $250, I went for it.
    Only wish I would have tried one a lot earlier. I absolutely love this gun, and looks like I am going to have to buy another, as my Wife loves it as much as I do. For what it is, and for what I use it for, it is great.
    I am not concerned about 15 round capacity, and if I know I am going outside to investigate the dog barking, I have plenty of other options. but for comfort and concealability, a big thumbs up to Smith.
    After shooting it a couple of times, I am even more impressed. It is not a go to combat gun, it is a concealed carry gun, that functions and shoots great, and if 5 shots does not stop you, I can always give ya a knucklesammich !!!
    bmcgilvray and stancehold like this.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

2. Remove Ads

Everybody should own one snubby! Enjoy.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

You will want more! Sounds like you got a great deal, too!

Pics of it didnt happen. Snubbies are like crack cocaine, once you get one, you will want more. Bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I know the feelind just got my first 5 shot. I shot it for the first time today and I really like it. Unfortunately the wife doesnt so much...so maybe ill just go buy another gun and try again. HAHA
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Pics of it didnt happen. Snubbies are like crack cocaine, once you get one, you will want more. Bunker
    So true! And you may start lusting after 'snubbies' that are bigger and kind of ridiculous too. Before I bought my SP101, I never would have thought that I would think a 'snubby' S&W 686,629,625 was cool, or even a logical purchase. Now I do. Beware...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    ...and for $250, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    OK we give up. Which model did you get and where are the pictures??!!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I carry my Ruger LCR frequently. It's a great little gun.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congrats on the snubby. Everybody should own at least one. My LCR .38 is my favorite carry gun. Light weight and easy to hide under a loose t-shirt when carried OWB. Enjoy the snub. Go get another one for your wife. Never hurts to have an extra one on hand.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Revolvers for carry are very underrated by the whole hi-cap semi-auto, carry 50 rounds on you or you will die when attacked by multiple assailants or mubai style attacks crowd. They claim anything less than a hicap and a couple backup mags is unacceptable. Yet, nothing says get off me like a five or six shooter loaded with 158gr .38 lswchp +p, 135gr .38 jhp +p, or 125gr .357 jhp......

I am not going into combat. I am not fighting zombie hordes. I am not wandering around in gangland USA. I am not enforcing the law and dealing with societies worst. My LCR .357 or Cobra do the job just fine for me. Lightweight, packs a punch, and always there when I need it.

Last things I want to do is load out like I am going on a patrol in a war zone. I have friends that do this, they carry their semis with 2 or 3 backup hi-cap mags. I carry my 5 or 6 shooter with or without a speed strip and I come home just like they do, but a lot lighter and unencumbered.

There is a time to carry hicap mags and semi's. But my day to day isn't one of those times. I have learned over the years to carry to my environment and not over encumber myself with unnecessary ammo and gear. It makes the day to day that much more enjoyable.

There is nothing faster into action than a S&W J-Frame in the Centennial or Bodyguard (not the new one) configuration. I prefer the all-steel older guns, but that's me.
    3zr3y8m.jpg
    It Is Easy To Be Brave From A Distance ~ Aesop

I too am looking to add a good wheel gun to my stable. I was shooting a friends .38 recently and love the recoil characteristics.

Cool

Snubbies to me are the rock cocaine of handguns.

Image.jpg 1977 S&W Model 10 with Creakote finish
    click image to enlarge....
    Image.jpg 1968 S&W Model 36
    Image.jpg 1977 Colt Detective Special
    click imager to enlarge....
    photo.jpg 1994 Ruger SP-101
    photo.jpg 1993 S&W Model 649

Regards,

OS
    azchevy likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post

...or two; or three...or...

Links