Glock 30 Initial thoughts

This is a discussion on Glock 30 Initial thoughts within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My G30 is the softest shooting of all my .45's and that included a 5" 1911. My mag was tough to seat for awhile, that ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glock 30 Initial thoughts

RKM
    My G30 is the softest shooting of all my .45's and that included a 5" 1911. My mag was tough to seat for awhile, that gets easier. It does take a little smack to seat it, or a firm press, but it will get easier. I do carry 10+1 and have no trouble with it.

I've never experienced it, but the failure to go into battery was a common issue for the early G30's. The trigger bar (I think is what it's called) was updated. If yours has a number with a "-1" behind it, it should be the updated version. I don't know the facts 100%, I'd look into it further if your concerned.

Buying .45 ACP ammo does suck. That's why I bought a G19. Now I just alternate them when I carry.

2. Remove Ads

wdp
    I have several of the older generation 10 rd. G30 mags that use strictly for range sessions. They are easier to load than the newer versions but swell a bit when loaded and drag a bit when inserted in the grip. I do leave my mags loaded all the time and the springs seem to take a "set" and are easier to load.

The number on the updated trigger bars is -1-

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I’m also starting to doubt whether I had that failure to go into battery at all. I was a bit distracted at the range the other day – When I pulled the trigger, I thought I heard a “click” but no “bang.” I instinctively pushed the slide forward to ensure it was in battery, and then pulled the trigger again, this time getting it to fire.
    Glocks don't have double strike capability so if you were able to activate the trigger with the slide slightly rearward you would not reset the trigger without racking the slide. You mention that you were distracted ...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Mine is a new blue label G30 - it does indeed have the "-1" trigger bar. Thanks for the info!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Nice addition to the fold 10thmtn, and glad to hear it's running good for ya... Yeah, $38 bucks a box, WOW!

I just picked up 8 boxes of 9mm FMJs for $11.99 each. It's been a long time since I took out a .45 and at those prices, it'll be a while longer.

Enjoy the new Glock you deserve it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Installed some CT lasergrips on my new G30 the other day. As was the case with my G19, I found that the lasergrips improved the "feel" of the pistol in my hand.

Took a quick trip to the range this evening, and put another 200 rounds through the pistol - this time all WWB ammo. No issues at all, and darn accurate. I even did some one-handed shooting, with both my right and left hands. The more I shoot it, the more I'm liking the G30.

I have decided that, for me, I will not carry the G30 with 10+1. There's just more pressure on the mag than I'm comfortable with, and I prefer not having to smack so hard to seat the mag. Plus, it is easier to rack the slide in the event of a bad round when there isn't so much upward pressure on the slide. So, for me, it will be a 10-shot, and not a 10+1. Not a big deal.

At some point, I may add some TFO sights - though with the laser they are not strictly necessary.

Now, if I can just win a free supply of .45 ammo, I'd be all set...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Now, if I can just win a free supply of .45 ammo, I'd be all set...
    Congratulations on your G30. I have a G30SF and love it.

Now we'll start to gently urge you to take up reloading. Buying commercial .45ACP is just plain silly when you start to run the numbers for a beginning reloading setup. Remember, every box of .45 ACP you buy is money you could have plowed into reloading equipment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links