New Kahr CW 9 - Page 2

New Kahr CW 9

This is a discussion on New Kahr CW 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Doodle Here she is, racked the slide till my hand got raw, we'll see how she shoots tomorrow or Monday. I never ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Kahr CW 9

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Here she is, racked the slide till my hand got raw, we'll see how she shoots tomorrow or Monday. I never found in the manual where it said to rack the slide repeatedly before you shoot it but I figured it couldn't hurt.
    That's because neither the manual, or Kahr says to do that. I think it's a complete waste of time, but at least you've "bonded" with the gun. This is a suggestion by some folks at the KahrForum site. Personally, I believe a single magazine load of ammo fired does more good than any amount of hand racking.

When you go to the range, just remember to try and keep your thumbs away from the slide release so it isn't pushed up during recoil. IMHO, the Kahr trigger is best pressed with a fairly relaxed trigger finger. Let it bend and press through the trigger and it goes very smoothly.

A well lubed Kahr is a happy Kahr.

I've grown to appreciate having a grip sleeve with a finger bump on my polymer Kahrs. If the grip doesn't feel just right without, maybe try one. They're cheap.

Enjoy your new pistol, it should prove to be lots of fun, less recoil than expected and easy to shoot accurately.

Not to make you feel bad about your hand, but I never did all that, and mines ran perfectly from round #1. :)
    I just can't get used to the trigger, but no problems with mine at all. Hope you have the same luck!

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I bought a used cw9 that was a problem pistol for the owner. Runs great for me and thenbought a cm9. Never did any more racking than need to chamber the first round or see that it cycles well. Both ran 600 rounds each before CC with out a single issue. Nice pistols for carry.

If a bit of extra grip is needed atleast while getting to know your pistol run several different widths of small bike inner tubeon the grip. 1/2", 7/8", 1/38" bigger over smaller to give you some width and height to help hold on to it. Works well and cheaper than brand name rubber gripies.

i've had mine about a month been to the range twice and it has ran perfect for me, i did add a "handall jr" and i love the crap out of it, i shoot it well, not too bad of recoil and i can pocket carry it, good luck with yours :)

Congrats on the new gun! I don't have a CW9, but I do have a CW45. Based on my early experience, I think the CW series is highly underestimated. I've been so pleased w/ my CW45 that I've been playing around w/ the idea of buying a CW9 and altering it like I've read on the 'net. Bobbing the grip to fit the shorter mag of the CM9 would give a "hybrid" CM9 that has a barrel 1/2" longer than usual.

Great new gun I have three Kahrs and they run great but I shoot the TP45 best of all of them but the CM9 is the easiest to conceal. Enjoy practice, practice practice.

Great choice. I carried mine for four years with a couple thousand rounds thru it with zero issues. My wife just confiscated mine so I bought a CW45 to replace it. I also have three other people that bought CW9's after shooting mine, two of them women. My dad went and bought a PM9 and is going to get the CW45 soon. Kahr makes a fine weapon IMO.

Have fun with it. My Kahr is one of my favorites

I carry my PM9 daily...either IWB or in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. I have a over 1,100 rounds through it trouble free. It is a pocket full of whoop-azz too.

Well this gun is a shooter! 100 rounds of fmj followed by 20 speer gold dot 124 grain non +p... no malfunctions, surprisingly low recoil and very accurate. My wife likes it as well. Good thing she doesn't have her CHL yet, I can carry this sweetheart until she gets it. I love this little 9. Here's my wife putting a few down range.
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links