anyone carrying sig p238

anyone carrying sig p238

This is a discussion on anyone carrying sig p238 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; did a search on this, sig p238 comes up with nothing?!? anyway, really considering this, I have had good luck with sigs. but i don't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone carrying sig p238

did a search on this, sig p238 comes up with nothing?!?

anyway, really considering this, I have had good luck with sigs.

but i don't like that it is SA only, and kind of worried carrying it with hammer back in pocket. I am assuming if hammer not back, you can pull hammer back with your finger prior to shooting to cock it?

would like to hear anyone's experiences, from what I have read, everyone who has shot one likes the feel, etc. but it is the carrying part that I am questioning. thanks.

I have one and love it. I carry it sometimes as a primary if I need a small gun, but also carry it as a BUG. Which ever, I always carry in Condition 1 (Chambered round, hammer back, thumb safety on ... As I would with any 1911). Yes you can cock the hammer with your thumb to fire, I personally would not carry a weapon like this. If my life depends on it, I don't want to have to think about cocking the gun to fire.

They make pocket holsters that cover the thumb safety if pocket carry is what your looking for.

The gun is a joy to shoot, very accurate ... Sights are great (night sights are bright), very clean trigger, and one of the easiest slides to rack

All in all I love mine!

yes sir, cocked and locked. It has a good safety.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

VIP Member
    Yep what they said. Great little gun get a good holster and you will have no worries with it.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

What is this? I've seen more 238 threads in the last couple days....

Must be global warming or some other deal. I just ordered a 238 about seven hours ago.

To the OP: Get one. Now. I shot one this afternoon, ran to the shop, and changed my order from a Kahr p380 to a SIG p238. What a darling. Considering the fact that I do love my SIGs above all others, I reckon it was heresy that I didn't order the 238 to begin with. After shooting it, I insisted on carrying it cocked and locked in the jeans pocket (now THAT was creepy!) to the shop to change orders. Yeah, there was a pocket holster. Carried well and didn't geld me.

Just bought one.. Have not shot it yet darn it!

I am also looking for a holster... I did see the price for it go up.. May want to hurry and buy one.
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

The P238 comes with a single clip and a plastic holster. i have the laser model. the plastic holster will not work so I use a Remora 2A holster for IWB and pocket carry. I have had some problems with hollow point ammo diving into the bullet ramp(Winchester and Horady) but Remington FMJ are fine so that's what I carry. I also purchased a Badger deep conceal shoulder holster that wears under a normal shirt but haven't tried it yet. I will modify a couple shirts with 'velcro buttons'.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

I carry one in my right front pocket, cocked and locked. It is a great gun; very reliable. I highly recommend it.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    great gun have two love them...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I am picking mine up this week, along with a Sig P220. I enjoyed shooting the gun as a rental. For the size, it's the best gun to shoot. Definitely better than the 3AT or LCP.

I have a Nemesis pocket holster and Blackhawk Pocket holster that will keep the trigger guard protected.

Lifetime NRA Member
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Had one for the Mrs. but she never carried it. I occasionally pocket carried it. Liked it, but traded it for a 6" GP100 that I'll never pocket carry. Love the revolver even more!
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

I have one and love it. The safety is great and carrying condition 1 should be no problem. Just get a good holster.

I just got mine. It takes a lot of pressure to click the safety.

I would not worry carrying in Condition 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Gj7ZnrYRM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lifetime NRA Member
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    My wife has one. I carry it when we go to social events and she doesn't carry. I'm a huge fan of the gun. It's a subcompact that shoots like a bigger gun.

There have been a bunch of threads on the P238 over the last few months. I started one myself when my wife bought hers. I'm astonished the search didn't find them.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    My wife has one. We both really like the gun. It eats everything we feed it including my reloads. Very pleasant to shoot. We carry it cocked and locked loaded with the Hornady Critical Defense ammo which it shoots and feeds flawlessly.

I did a search with just "P238" no quotes, found over a hundred hits. There have been a whole lot of threads on the gun lately.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links