HK Usp .45 compact

This is a discussion on HK Usp .45 compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there is a pretty good Hk crowd out there and was looking for some opinions. So who carrys one? Im picking one up ...

Thread: HK Usp .45 compact

HK Usp .45 compact

I know there is a pretty good Hk crowd out there and was looking for some opinions. So who carrys one? Im picking one up this week in plans to carry. I already have a springfield fullsize 1911 which i love but IMO its too big for a daily carry gun. I have done a fair amount of research and the usp's seem like great guns. I hear alot of stuff about LEM triggers and such which seem to be a big mod. any opinions on this?

how about holster options and comfortable carry locations?

2. Remove Ads

I just traded my HK USP .45 compact back to Rhome for my Springer Champion. The HK is a great gun, but I had to concentrate more to shoot as well with it as I could with my Sig or Glocks. I can't explain it, but I would shoot larger groups with the HK unless I shot it like a silhouette gun (slowly, very focused); the other guns just seemed to be there, not the HK for me. I am sure it is me, and not the gun, and I know you will love yours; of course, I live in California, and that explains alot.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Good gun

I don't have the USP 45c, but do have the USP 40c, which is quite similar. It is an accurate, reliable gun that is built like a tank, and is compact enough for easy concealment. I'm sure you will like yours.

My favorite method of carry is behind the strong side hip in a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard holster, as shown here:
    USP40c in Kramer belt scabbard

As far as shooting the gun accurately, I have found that it is a top heavy gun compared to a steel 1911, because of its polymer frame combined with a substantial steel slide and barrel. So if you are not careful in slowly squeezing the trigger while holding the gun steady, you can jerk the shot a little low more easily than with a 1911. Once you master this aspect of the USP, it should be as accurate as your 1911.

I had a compact USP 45, but the grip was too small for my hand. Now I have the full size USP 45, and full size USP 40. The USPF 40 is slightly smaller than the 45, thinner too. About the size of a commander size pistol. It's 100% reliable, scary accurate, good capacity, and easy to carry all day. If the compact fits your hand, get it, you'll be the happy guy. Regards 18DAI.

VIP Member
    I have the compact .45 and absolutely love it. It's DA/SA with ambi safety/decocker. I carry it decocked with the safety off.

I do not have the LEM trigger, but the stock trigger works just fine for me. So far the USPc has been the most "comfortable" shooting .45 for me.

I have XSSights Big Dots on it, and they work very well. Since they're so large they're not fantastic target sights, but that's not what I boought the gun for.

I wear an Ace Case bellyband holster with my carry guns, so I really can't help you too much. I carry mine in the 4-5 o'clock position, and it's mostly my fall/winter gun.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I carry USPc .45 daily in an Alessi CQC/s I love it. I recently switched from 1911s for no good reason really. Other than to see if the HKs were as good as everyone says.....they are.
    OPE Prostaff
    www.outdoorproductexchange.com

Sitting Ducks Ltd. Prostaff
    http://www.sittingducks-ltd.com/

My first pistol was a USPc .45. I wish I'd never gotten rid of it but I was new to concealed carry and couldn't figure out how to conceal it well. Or so I thought, I could have put a derringer on my belt and I probably would have felt like I was carrying a small car on my hip.
    I will have another one as I could find no fault with it.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Once I get ahold of it and get to the range I will post up my reviews. Im pretty sure I will like it, the challenge will be to find a comfortable holster I like. gotta love trial and error....

I had one and traded it for a Sig 229 (best trade I ever made). I liked it, and it was a terrific gun, but the Sig is a better choice for me. I believe you will be well served by the HK.

As far as holsters go, I found the Bianchi OWB comfortable and effective.

the entire USP is a great line. i own (and have owned) several USPs and have had excellent service from them. like glocks, they just keep going and going.

I have the full size version and have shot the compact version as well. Both great guns....I plan on purchasing the compact version later on after I get a few more toys:) I love my HK.

Ive finally had a chance to shoot it and I was impressed. I like it alot, probably more than I thought I would orginally. I have found a decent holster and will start carrying it more often. very predictable gun and was getting some decent groups right off the bat. They will only get better with time Im sure.

Links