32 ACP weapon - Page 2

32 ACP weapon

This is a discussion on 32 ACP weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've only seen ballistic penetration tests, but I certainly wouldn't want to have one drawn on me. A hit with one of those would certainly ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 32 ACP weapon

I've only seen ballistic penetration tests, but I certainly wouldn't want to have one drawn on me. A hit with one of those would certainly change the nature of any encounter.
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

i kept a p32 on me for many mango seasons as my "bug" on duty. then i moved up to the p3at. they are both great pocket guns and are easy to carry. the p32 will get the job done. seen it, so i know. is there better, yes. but a 32 in pocket is better than two 45's back home or in the car. remember when you need a gun it will not be like what you seen on tv.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Why would anyone carry the P32, when a pistol virtually the same size and weight is available in .380? Bigger bullet, more bullet weight, better velocity and no concerns about rimlock.
    I used to have the P3AT (.380), but I found that I shoot the P32 much better. The recoil of the P3AT makes it much harder (at least for me) to stay on target.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I have shot the little P32 and that sucker is accurate for the distance it should be used at. I wouldnt hesitate to use one if I needed to. I also think iwould try to do the 380 if possible. Bigger holes make bigger wounds and may stop the fight quicker.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I recently acquired, and endorse, the ultra-compact Seecamp LWS 32, but expect to only very rarely, if ever, carry it as primary. You MUST follow Seecamp's ammunition recommendations, however. The LAST round in a magazine frequently stovepipes (about 1 in 3 times), but that is not an issue for me. It actually aids in reloading when it happens, as the slide, by design, does not lock open when empty. Otherwise it has tested 100% reliable for me. It has no sights. I would prefer it had simple low profile sights, as it groups very well, but that's not an option.

There is a nearly identical .380 version costing about $800 versus the .32's $475 (+/-)
    The .32 Seecamp is rare enough, and the .380 is made of "Unobtainium"!
    Even in .32, the Seecamp is quite a handful (or should I say, "Fingerful). The .380's felt recoil must be brutal!
    The Seecamps are much more compact, and far more solidly constructed than the much larger Beretta Tomcat. The .32 Tomcat is even larger than the pictured .25 Beretta M20.

Mouseguns.jpg
    click to enlarge

From top:
    Seecamp LWS-32 .32 ACP
    Walther TPH .22lr
    Beretta M20 .25 ACP

I have given up, for now, my search for a reliable .380/9mm/.40 smaller than my EDC Glock 27. (Two Kahr P380's and a PM9's reliability was abysmal. A 9mm Beretta Nano was better, but ultimately unacceptable -- YMMV). Trusted, qualified friends report no better results with other compact Semiautos. My "Old Reliable" snubbie .38's will have to partially fill the wide, yawning gap between the Glock 27 and the Seecamp .32 for the forseeable future.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    as has been said-- the p32 came to market before the p3at/p380 and thats how some of us
    came to buy one. small and light and under $200. than the 380 model came out and for another $200 i had both.

that they tend to get kept cause re-sale or trade in value is so little.
    on the other hand--32's in the used case outnumber 380's 3:1

im guessing cause many do feel that for the same size they may as well get the gun that shoots the bigger bullet.
    ----------------------------
    The LAST round in a magazine frequently stovepipes (about 1 in 3 times),

Glockwatcher---that makes the gun a 6 shooter and i can't fatham that it can be
    thought of as 100%. rather it needs to be seen by the manufacture and fixed.
    is it marketed as a six shot and a stove pipe or a 7 shot?
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I switch between a couple of different primary guns, but my constant BUG is an early generation P 32 with cream colored grips. Ammo is Cor Bon in magazines with Flyer Wires.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

The NAA Guardian .32 is the smallest in my appendix carry lineup. Fiocchi FMJ is hot stuff for such a small round. Rather carry a mouse gun than no gun.
    sixgun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    The LAST round in a magazine frequently stovepipes (about 1 in 3 times),

Glockwatcher---that makes the gun a 6 shooter and i can't fatham that it can be
    thought of as 100%. rather it needs to be seen by the manufacture and fixed.
    is it marketed as a six shot and a stove pipe or a 7 shot?
    No, it shoots seven times every time -- so far.

The seventh round always fires, but the last (ALWAYS the last), FIRED, shell case sometimes does not eject completely (the most commonly accepted definition of "Stovepipe"). An unfired round protruding from the ejection port is a form of feed failure, and could, I suppose, also be called a "Stovepipe", but I haven't had any of those with the Seecamp (or any other gun in the last 40 years).

This ultra-compact design depends upon the next round to help in the complete ejection of the previous fired round, so this is an accepted quirk. It does not interfere with reloading. In fact, a stovepipe on the last round actually aids in reloading as the slide is not designed to lock back after the last round is fired.

I just received three aditional magazines, so we'll see if some of these do not cause these last round stovepipes, as some owners have reported.

Mine p32 has not jammed yet. If all other rounds run good except that last round then that has to be a magazine problem. Mag follower? Mag spring ? I've seen 1911 pistols do that also
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Beretta Tomcat, but, mostly as a BUG. It goes where I go to back up Mr. 1911. On a few occasions, I have grabbed it to run to the store as it disappears in it's Don Hume IWB holster even with light cover. I would agree that it is definitely better than nothing at all.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Ex Member
    I have carried a Tomcat and NAA. Now it's a Bodyguard.

VIP Member
    So far, a P11, or a 442 is the smallest I'm willing to go.
    Maybe I haven't come across the need to be so covert in my carry that a smaller pistol is needed.
    Perhaps oneday,
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I have a Kel-Tec P32 and NAA Guardian .32acp. I carry these when I can't carry anything bigger. Of the two, the Kel-Tec is much lighter. The ejection port of the NAA Guardian puts the round straight to my forehead. It's like the Chinese Cartridge torture.
    BlueNinjaGo likes this.

My P32 is my "go anywhere, any time" pistol. It is with me when for whatever reason I cannot carry my preferred 9mm. It is also completely reliable and more controllable than the P3AT which I have also shot. In over 500 rounds fired, I have never had a P32 malfunction using round nosed FMJ cartridges. I presently use Fiocci FMJ (I have used numerous other brand ammos with equal success, but Fiocci is "hotter") and am very happy with the shootability, reliability, and mobility of this little gem.

For sure it's not a target pistol, but in the short defensive ranges it is designed for it is a superb addition to anybody's firearm options.
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that . . . it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. . . ." Letter from Thomas Jefferson to Justice John Cartwright (June 5, 1824)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links