32 ACP weapon

This is a discussion on 32 ACP weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Of the three, I'd definitely rather be shot with the first one............. SLOW MOTION 32ACP Speer 60gr Gold Dot impacting ballistic gelatin - YouTube SLOW ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 32 ACP weapon

Last edited by zonker1986; March 12th, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

You must be the only person I know that wants to be shot...

I prefer the 9mm cartridge, but carry ANYTHING beats spitting at a mugger.

I'm going between a KT P32 and a Ruger LCP since the mouse gun bug has bitten me. Hey bug = BUG
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I normally carry a 9mm, but when conditions require something smaller, a Keltec P32 keeps me from feeling completely unarmed.
    Ditto! When my PF9 is a little too big, I toss my P32 in my front pocket or my "Thunderwear"!

Nobody here is suggesting the .32 is comparable to a 9mm, Zonker.

A more meaningful comparison, at least for me, would be to compare the .32 to the .380, as both are now available in the .25-sized Seecamp, where the smallest 9mm pistol (most likely the Rohrbaugh R9) is much larger.

It used to be the smaller caliber handguns were ridiculed with comments like 'That's so weak--it'll just make them madder"--but the ammo has gotten so much better that its really not the case anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Why would anyone carry the P32, when a pistol virtually the same size and weight is available in .380? Bigger bullet, more bullet weight, better velocity and no concerns about rimlock.
    Well... Lets see. I have a Taurus 732 and a 738. Both are absolutely identical except caliber. When I'm not carrying my Glock, I typically grab the .32. Why? two reasons. First, the .380 has been known to jam and one time I had to send it back for repair. The .32 has never malfunctioned. Also, for whatever reason, the .32 is more accurate. I can't explain why. I can switch from one to the other at the range and there is a noticeable improvement in accuracy when I move to the .32. I also keep it loaded with FMJ. I carry this gun several times a week. And since I started having trouble with this acid reflux 3 weeks ago, I have pretty much given up my Glock (due to its weight and requiring such a tight belt) so for the last 3 weeks I've carried the .32 exclusively. That is not a permanent arrangement, just temporary until I lose some weight.

Here's a photo I took of the two guns next to each other. Can you tell which one is which?
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Here's a photo I took of the two guns next to each other. Can you tell which one is which?
    Left is the .32? Looks like thicker barrel.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    you are pointing a gun at a mugger---i don't care how this situation came to be--question is;

is the mugger going to critique your gun? or run?
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I think those that carry a .32acp do so due to the weight and conceal-ability of the gun. No one carries the .32acp for knock down power. Interesting to see the amount of P32's being used. I like mine. I carry loaded with Buffalo Bore .32acp +P. I figure if the round is only going to make the BG mad, I'll make him as mad as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockwatcher View Post
    Nobody here is suggesting the .32 is comparable to a 9mm, Zonker.
    really? Then why bother?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    really? Then why bother?
    My thoughts toward your posting in this thread if you have nothing but dislike for the .32.

The .32 has it's place, as do all mouse guns. They aren't meant to be main carry pieces, but on occasion it is all that fits the bill. Personally, I would carry a .32 in an ankle rig or as a BUG but not as my only weapon unless I'm doing something around the house where I have other firearms available or it was the absolute only thing I could carry. And then I would plan on carrying two guns, a reload or two and a knife or two.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    you are pointing a gun at a mugger---i don't care how this situation came to be--question is;

is the mugger going to critique your gun? or run?
    If it's a bad enough situation that I've pulled a gun, why am I waiting around to see if he critiques or runs? I don't need his critique to know that a mousegun is a marginal weapon.
    A better question is, a mentally ill man who is off of his medication and outweighs you by 50 pounds is swinging a knife at you and your children in the local grocery store parking lot. Which carry handgun in your collection would you want with you?

It's a poor defensive mindset to believe that you can pick your defensive scenario. (ie: scared mugger)
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Gee! And here we all thought that a .32ACP was much more powerful than a 9mm or a .357 Mag! Duh! Makes me just wanna run out and get shot with a .32!

But I will say I think a 1903 Colt Hammerless .32 would make a slick tuxedo gun.

Administrator
    "I can rapidly fire on center mass!"

Put a fast few right there and then stay centered and move up some.
    Richard58 and 45ACP4ever like this.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links