32 ACP weapon - Page 4

32 ACP weapon

This is a discussion on 32 ACP weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone have a Seecamp and a p32 pic to compare the two?...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 32 ACP weapon

Has anyone have a Seecamp and a p32 pic to compare the two?
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I also do not like to carry a large gun and I can see the 32acp as a carry gun for self defense. It is my no means a tactical weapon but for in your face self defense, I think it does work. I carry a Taurus TCP .380 in a Pocket Holster while I'm at work because guns are not allowed in my workplace and I carry this gun for my EDC every once in a while. I have 4 Glocks and m normal EDC is the G36 in a Pocket Holster but I do love that little .380!

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    really? Then why bother?
    1. Because there are situations when being "made" as an LEO UC can get you killed (Not applicable to hobby-cops).
    2. Because being ultra-discreet is an absolute necessity for civilian CCW in some real-world circmstances that keyboard commandos will never understand.
    3. Because they trump a clenched fist, no matter how many Bruce Lee movies you've seen.
    4. Because they can serve as a backup gun for civilian CCW where something larger would be ludicrously impractical (Not a concern for mall-ninjas).
    zero likes this.

deep cover, covert weapons of choice for keyboard commandos and mall ninjas nationwide.
    If you get "made" carrying one of these, you need to rethink your plan.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I don't scoff at any firearm. Any gun is better than nothing.
    I hear lots of guys running down the mouse guns and calibers...saying it'll only make someone mad...funny...but none of them are willing to let me shoot them with one.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I chose a Seecamp in a Matt DelFatti pocket holster.
    Surprisingly accurate for a gun with no sights.
    It's a real pocket gun, not a gun that sorta fits in your pocket.

To make zonker feel better, I actually plan on getting a Kahr CM9 in the near future. 6+1 of 9mm in a gun only slightly bigger than a Ruger LCP. BUT, I do still see where a .32 can work better for some applications.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    To make zonker feel better, I actually plan on getting a Kahr CM9 in the near future. 6+1 of 9mm in a gun only slightly bigger than a Ruger LCP. BUT, I do still see where a .32 can work better for some applications.
    If it makes Zonker feel any better, I have a CM9, and it's my favorite CCW. I much prefer it to a .32ACP anything. That doesn't mean a .32 is worthless, by any stretch.

Handle a PM/CM9 side-by side with an LCP and you'll see that the difference is not "slight" - It's pretty significant, actually. If I were to be in a "must be armed and absolutely MUST not be 'made'" situation, I'd choose an LCP or a P3AT over the Kahr, and I'd choose .380 over .32ACP.

...But a .32 is a viable option, and it really does beat the heck out of a stick, a fist, or "throwing rocks".

Regards,
    Jim

Well I will say this much. I was in law enforcement retiring as a sergeant in Charlotte metro for 30 years and 1 month and worked in some pretty liberal low life areas of town. I had yet to see someone get mad and whoop someone after getting shot with anything including a 25 ACP. If they were not found on the ground at the scene, next place we checked was the ER. Hot bullets are game changers so are knife stabbings,The kind that go in deep up to the handle, not knife cuttings. People like to live and fear sets in about dying , even For the mean bad guys...Most go into shock immediately which is a killer in its own right.
    sixgun likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    It's a poor defensive mindset to believe that you can pick your defensive scenario. (ie: scared mugger)[/QUOTE]

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Has anyone have a Seecamp and a p32 pic to compare the two?
    How's this?: http://mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

(If you see a blank black screen, scroll down.)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Well I will say this much. I was in law enforcement retiring as a sergeant in Charlotte metro for 30 years and 1 month and worked in some pretty liberal low life areas of town. I had yet to see someone get mad and whoop someone after getting shot with anything including a 25 ACP. If they were not found on the ground at the scene, next place we checked was the ER. Hot bullets are game changers so are knife stabbings,The kind that go in deep up to the handle, not knife cuttings. People like to live and fear sets in about dying , even For the mean bad guys...Most go into shock immediately which is a killer in its own right.

oh, they are game changers.....but not always game enders which is why I never carry one.

Here is a case that was discussed at length on this forum in 2009.....seven pages of posts, and only one member even mentioned the caliber of gun used by the BG vs the caliber of the gun used by the good guy.

Burger King Robber Killed By CWP Citizen In Miami (merged)

I would think that members here would like to know that the good guy took FIVE rounds from the BGs .380, and simply proceeded to shoot the BG dead with two rounds from his Glock 19. He was out of the hospital in a week. How can this be if hot lead always puts people on the floor? Simple. The .380 did not END the game. The 9mm did. Crucial information for those that carry a handgun to protect the lives of themselves and their loved ones, don't ya think?

The teen shot and killed in a robbery attempt at a Miami Burger King had been arrested several times as a minor.
    By JENNIFER LEBOVICH
    jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com

Long before Johnny Jean-Baptiste was shot dead trying to rob a Burger King on Tuesday, the Miami teenager was a familiar face to police.

State records show the 18-year-old had been in trouble for selling cocaine and marijuana, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, resisting an officer with violence and carjacking. In all, he had been arrested more than a dozen times. His run-ins with the law began when he was 15. He was first arrested in January 2006 for selling cocaine and marijuana. A few weeks later, he was charged with burglary followed by a battery charge in October 2006.

Within a year, police would again arrest him for aggravated battery and assault with a weapon and assault on a law enforcement officer.

Last September, he was booked for burglary, kidnapping and strong arm robbery. The disposition of the charges are not made public because he was charged as a juvenile. His last arrest: a carjacking in October.

On Tuesday, Jean-Baptiste was out on bond awaiting trial for the carjacking charge when he walked into a Burger King at 5398 Biscayne Blvd. around 4 p.m.

Wearing a ski mask and black gloves, say police, the teen pointed a semiautomatic Bryco .380 at the people behind the counter.

Customer John Landers, armed with a 9 mm Glock and a concealed weapons permit, saw the teen and confronted him, telling him to put down the gun.

Jean-Baptiste refused and fired his weapon.

Landers, 45, fired back.

Within moments, Jean-Baptiste lay dead on the floor of the fast-food restaurant, while Landers had bullet wounds to his chest, shoulder and arm.

No one else inside the store -- which is usually crowded with children leaving a nearby school and adults getting off work -- was injured.

Police said a someone in a car was seen driving off from the Burger King, but it's unclear if the driver is connected to the robbery attempt.

Landers was taken to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he remains in stable condition, police said. A hospital spokeswoman said he was unavailable for comment
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

i carry a beretta 32 tomcat in molded leather holster. great wearing shorts or jeans. Have s&w govenor revolver in the car

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    To make zonker feel better, I actually plan on getting a Kahr CM9 in the near future...
    ...In that case, if you haven't already, you owe it to yourself to check out the Kahr Forum first:

KahrTalk Forums - Powered by vBulletin

I wish I had! It would have saved me hundreds of rounds wasted "breaking in" two P380's and a PM9; none of which ever reached "Kahr-Nirvana". Fortunately, I only paid for the first P380. Now I know why my former agency never approved them.

Sorry for straying from the original topic.

Wow ! I bet this happens a lot.."...................I say Mr. Landers is one lucky man to have been shot that many times and survive. He took a big cowboy chance, it could have very easy gone very bad if a round hit a critical spot such as CNS or the head. I glad it turned out the way it did. Another bad guy we don't have to deal with again ever and rob tax payers keeping him up in prison if even caught.
    Last edited by Richard58; March 15th, 2012 at 02:42 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links