32 ACP weapon

This is a discussion on 32 ACP weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 9 mm are not always game Enders either....also I stated that if they were not found on the ground we looked next at the ER. ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 32 ACP weapon

VIP Member
    9 mm are not always game Enders either....also I stated that if they were not found on the ground we looked next at the ER. All rounds as a general rule will end an assault a high percent of the time. We went to the ER to get people shot with 9mm too with torso shot wounds. Some make it and some don't, that's all I can say. I'm just not going to get into an online spat over it and as I originally posted at the beginning that some on this forum will put down this round. I can get newspaper articles stating people surving big caliber shootings. Look at the famous FBI shooting ,,,,,9mm.
    I'm just talking from my life experience and I saw a lot of officers come and go for different reasons. A lot of people put that badge and target suit on and it goes to their head. We called them shooting stars. Us retirees look back on all the stuff that has occurred and we consider ourselves survivors. Nothing more and nothing less. But I know that I do disagree with several things I've read on these forums by selfprofessed knowalls anyway, so it's no big deal to me in whichever direction it goes.
    Philly Boy, kmagnuss and sixgun like this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Glockwatcher View Post
    ...In that case, if you haven't already, you owe it to yourself to check out the Kahr Forum first:

KahrTalk Forums - Powered by vBulletin

I wish I had! It would have saved me hundreds of rounds wasted "breaking in" two P380's and a PM9; none of which ever reached "Kahr-Nirvana". Fortunately, I only paid for the first P380. Now I know why my former agency never approved them.

Sorry for straying from the original topic.
    Yeah I have been reading quite a bit on the break in period of the CM9. It doesn't bother me much at all. I've heard the same things about $2,000 Les Baer 1911s, yet people keep buying those with good results. I figure I will get one and see what happens.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

As for the caliber wars, I recall a story of a police officer shooting a guy through the heart with a 12ga deer slug and the guy was still able to run back into his house and lock himself in a room where they found him bled out. No round is a magic BB. The human body is capable of amazing things by itself, then add in drugs and you have one heck of a fight on your hands.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I would think that members here would like to know that the good guy took FIVE rounds from the BGs .380, and simply proceeded to shoot the BG dead with two rounds from his Glock 19. He was out of the hospital in a week. How can this be if hot lead always puts people on the floor? Simple. The .380 did not END the game. The 9mm did. Crucial information for those that carry a handgun to protect the lives of themselves and their loved ones, don't ya think?
    I don't really see the relevance. After reading the whole article it sounds like the GG did not get shot in any critical part of his body. They did not say where the BG was hit with the 2 9mm rounds. This situation could have easily gone the other way.

My biggest concern with carrying my .32 is really not the caliber, but the number of rounds it has. It has 6+1 and that seems like very little compared to my Glock 19 which has 15+1.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I don't really see the relevance. After reading the whole article it sounds like the GG did not get shot in any critical part of his body. They did not say where the BG was hit with the 2 9mm rounds. This situation could have easily gone the other way.

My biggest concern with carrying my .32 is really not the caliber, but the number of rounds it has. It has 6+1 and that seems like very little compared to my Glock 19 which has 15+1.
    The bad guy's laser was probably busted. I've heard S&W BGs have that problem a lot and their sights suck.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    IMHO, they are carried often but talked about little.
    Agreed. I'd never admit to it publicly (ok, by that I mean in front of my buds), but if I could find a dural (aluminum frame) PPK in .32 I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and might even carry it.

Do those exist?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post

GG was shot twice in the chest, shoulder and arm. BG was shot twice in the chest. I followed this story after it took place in 2009 and read other reports on the shooting. You're right, its not relevant that the good guy took five hits from a .380 and still had the ability to put two shots center mass into the BG.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Last edited by itschuck; March 17th, 2012 at 12:18 PM.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

I expect to be struck by lighting twice before my first gunfight, so a P-32 seems adequate and a holster seems unecessesary. In its heyday (early 1900s) the .32 ACP was the most popular caliber in Europe and was reportably the caliber Hitler killed himself with, so this caliber has a pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by packing View Post
    I expect to be struck by lighting twice before my first gunfight, so a P-32 seems adequate and a holster seems unecessesary. In its heyday (early 1900s) the .32 ACP was the most popular caliber in Europe and was reportably the caliber Hitler killed himself with, so this caliber has a pedigree.
    Right.

Because a suicide is the same thing as a defensive shooting...
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

p32

The p32 is a minimal carry gun but it fits right in my pocket so its there if I need it. There's not many guns that will drop in your front pocket and not print heavy.

If you search this site I posted about 32 ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by packing View Post
    In its heyday (early 1900s) the .32 ACP was the most popular caliber in Europe and was reportably the caliber Hitler killed himself with, so this caliber has a pedigree.
    But it is also said he chomped down on a cyanide capsule as he shot himself, just to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    9 mm are not always game Enders either....also I stated that if they were not found on the ground we looked next at the ER. All rounds as a general rule will end an assault a high percent of the time. We went to the ER to get people shot with 9mm too with torso shot wounds. Some make it and some don't, that's all I can say. I'm just not going to get into an online spat over it and as I originally posted at the beginning that some on this forum will put down this round. I can get newspaper articles stating people surving big caliber shootings. Look at the famous FBI shooting ,,,,,9mm.
    I'm just talking from my life experience and I saw a lot of officers come and go for different reasons. A lot of people put that badge and target suit on and it goes to their head. We called them shooting stars. Us retirees look back on all the stuff that has occurred and we consider ourselves survivors. Nothing more and nothing less. But I know that I do disagree with several things I've read on these forums by selfprofessed knowalls anyway, so it's no big deal to me in whichever direction it goes.
    It all goes without saying. Its not the caliber but where you put you bullets. Yes bigger is better but shoot what you can handle the best and put rounds where they need to go. Train hard and fight easy above all stay alive.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links