32 ACP weapon

This is a discussion on 32 ACP weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Glockwatcher No, it shoots seven times every time -- so far. The seventh round always fires, but the last (ALWAYS the last), ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 32 ACP weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Glockwatcher View Post
    No, it shoots seven times every time -- so far.

The seventh round always fires, but the last (ALWAYS the last), FIRED, shell case sometimes does not eject completely (the most commonly accepted definition of "Stovepipe"). An unfired round protruding from the ejection port is a form of feed failure, and could, I suppose, also be called a "Stovepipe", but I haven't had any of those with the Seecamp (or any other gun in the last 40 years).

This ultra-compact design depends upon the next round to help in the complete ejection of the previous fired round, so this is an accepted quirk. It does not interfere with reloading. In fact, a stovepipe on the last round actually aids in reloading as the slide is not designed to lock back after the last round is fired.

I just received three aditional magazines, so we'll see if some of these do not cause these last round stovepipes, as some owners have reported.
    Never had that happen. And I use Federal and have also used Hornady JHP's with 100% Success. They both have shown me consistency to SAMI standards of OAL which is the key element in a small Semi Auto is that it is of proper spec and size. I have never had a stove pipe on the last round with either of my Magazines. Ever. I've likely put well over 300 round through my Seecamp 32LWS and never had one single malfunction at any stage. And most owners report the same results. Anytime something like that happens... I can assure you that your having a problem that needs fixing. There have been a few and thats always the result. Send it back for repair and check your ammo. But assuming its inherent is wrong. It isn't normal or acceptable. Your gun probably needs a return to Larry if those new mags don't fix this for you. But your describing a what is more often a magazine feeding problem and your theory of them needing another round to help isn't a sound theory. It's not correct. The round before that's energy and a properly working ejector is all that is needed. Get yourself over to the Seecamp forum and let those guys advise you on that.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Your avatar rules.
    Yeah we're movin on up
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Just picked up a NAA Guardian .32 ACP today. Completely took it down and Balistol'd every nook and cranny and then let it soak or "season" for a few hours then put it back together. Next up a little range time.

Took a couple of pics (photography is my other hobby) and spiffed it up withe NAA logo.

NAA32-1.jpgNAA-2.jpg

I like the little .32. I have bigger guns I can carry, but sometimes I just carry this.
    LouisianaMan likes this.
    "In a world of compromise, some men don't." HK ad slogan from the 1980's.

I added some new grips to the Guardian .32 from Custom Polymer Pistol Grips in Carbon Fiber and Kevlar.

I carry a Kel-Tec P32 in a pocket or ankle holster all the time as a backup mostly, but sometimes that is the only thing small and lite enough to CC (running short and no shirt).
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
    I added some new grips to the Guardian .32 from Custom Polymer Pistol Grips in Carbon Fiber and Kevlar.

That looks awesome! How does it shoot?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Gen. Pattons' favorite gun for carrying, was a .32 caliber. But, he didn't have to use it.

I have a .32 , and it's a nice small bug ..... but don't use it as a primary. Plus, it's fun to shoot.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I've got an old Beretta Model 70 in .32 ACP and it's a dandy.
    I carried that in an ankle holster for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Joe View Post
    I have also grown very found of the .32 acp round. So much so that I recently found a rare, .32 acp, Sig 230 (allegedly made for the Japanese Police forces). I bought it, and sent it home from Florida to my FFL. Can not wait to shoot it but it will probably "snap" a little more than my P-32.

To avoid "rim lock" I carry a Silver Tip in the barrel and top round in the mag. The rest are ball ammo. Probably would be OK with all ball ammo in this round however. (Maybe the Sig 230, mentioned above, will not have a "rim lock" issue since being a blow back action it may over ride the rim lock condition it if occures. Any thoughts on this anyone?)
    Trooper Joe
    Let me start by saying I carry a little 32 all the time. If I have any type of clothing on I have a .32 with me. That said if I go out at night or into an area that I feel a little less comfortable in I have other guns that get called on. But I am not breaking down the door of a crack house or someone on an international terrorist want list. The .32 is my "get back off me gun" and I would like to think situation awareness will help prevent me from ever needing it much less anything bigger.

Trooper Joe, I once knew a guy with one of those Sigs. It was quite possibly the sweetest shooting semi-auto I have ever played with. I would jump at the chance if one ever showed up while I had the cash for it. I am sure you are going to enjoy it. Oh yeah, Pow'r Ball and Buffalo Bore ammo are great if you are worried about rim lock in a P-32.

That Colt is a good-looking, classic firearm that guarded many a home and fireside. Also, I personally do not dismiss lightly the fact that some awe-inspiring European armies were comfortable with that caliber as a 1st- or 2nd-echelon combat weapon.

I enjoyed a short fling with a nice Browning Mod. 1922, but decided it was a bit ungainly for its power level. A 1910 Browning .32 was unreliable for me--even though that model was/is normally dependable.

Although I personally prefer something a bit more powerful than the .32 ACP, I feel like the OP and others here would "do to tie to" in a tight spot, as I believe that speed, solid hits and controlled & intelligent aggressiveness matter more than caliber anyway. A fighter with a reliable .32 works for me, and IMO many "caliber warriors" go a bit far in their disdain for many weapons. I have made that same error myself, at times.

I haven't read every post and am not sure if anyone already has mentioned the widespread use of the somewhat notorious Ruby .32 Auto by French trench-raiding parties in WWI. Although they also relied on teamwork, grenades, brass knuckles, and trench knives, those .32's were NOT mere badges of rank or symbols of authority. Who in their right mind would want to face any of those guys???

It's been said that carrying anything other than a service caliber firearm is a compromise and not worth carrying... I have to respectfully disagree.

I subscribe and believe in the fact that it is better to be armed at all than defenseless and victimized.

Sometimes people have certain body shapes, or clothing choices and requirements that make carrying even a single stack 9mm difficult or ill advised.

At my job, firearms arent disallowed, however it had best stay concealed unless needed. I wear thin kahki pants and a dress shirt.. no suit coat..to hide much IWB would be pretty obvious to most people. Since i work IT, im often crawling around under desks, hunched over and very close to other employees.. very easy for them to bump against a pistol, or have my shirt come untucked.. a pocket holstered pistol is the obvious way to go. Even an ankle holster could be exposed.

And I would rather have a handgun that i need to be precise on my shots with, then tossing pens and coffee cups at an assailant. Those who go out running or jogging are in a similar situation, more-so I would say.

Here are my choices: Go out into the world armed, prepared to defend myself. ... or Go out into the world and pray like Hell that the cops are only 5 minutes away and not 15, but maybe someone else has a gun..
    LouisianaMan likes this.

My uncle gave me a 32 Saur & Sohn pistol that he liberated in WWII. I would feel total comfortable carrying that pistol but my Colt 380 Mustang is smaller and packs a bigger punch.

I urge anyone that is committed to carrying a .32acp for reasons of size, concealabilty, and limited recoil, to consider a Masterpiece Arms MPA380B-II. It is a .380 and is the exact same size as a NAA 32 and Seecamp 32 I have one and really like the thing. No FTF or FTL with Gold Dot, Magtech Guardian Gold, or Hornady. You get a .380 in a .32 size.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Links