32 ACP weapon

32 ACP weapon

This is a discussion on 32 ACP weapon within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any out there that CC a 32 ACP pistol as their main carry most of the time. Myself I carry a Kel Tec P32 with ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 32 ACP weapon

32 ACP weapon

Any out there that CC a 32 ACP pistol as their main carry most of the time. Myself I carry a Kel Tec P32 with FMJ ammo 95 percent of the time in a front pocket Hendley leather holster. I know there will be some that will put it down on this and have on other other threads. I just know that its comfortable to carry and with me all the time and it's better than leaving a big pistol home most of the time. On days that I wear an over jacket I'm carry a big pistol 357, 40S&W, 45acp in a shoulder holster rig but not much. I love all types of guns just don't like carrying the big pistols everyday. This kel Tec is an early model and the bluing has turned to a grey silvery color now. One thing I like abt it is that it has never had a malfunction and I can rapidly fire on center mass!
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    No, but I've been darn tempted by the Tomcat (I think that's the one). I do carry a Taurus 738 now though when even my little Kahr's are too big.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android

I to carry a kel-tec p-32 in the summer time when its just to dang hot to carry something bigger. And at least we have a gun when we might need it. If you search this site I posted about 32 ammo. I did a wet newsprint test with various ammo types. and hornady xtp penetrated and expanded well. And it penetrated the same as full metal jaket in the wet newsprint. Some might scoff at the 32 but at least you have a gun when needed.

Ditto sixgun here... when I absolutely, positively can't carry anything bigger, the P32 comes along and hides nicely in a DeSantis Nemesis.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The key to any gun is dependability. If it's a jamamatic and you get FTF, FTE, or double feeds - take a pass. I'd rather have a $80 22 revolver that went pop, pop, pop, than a $1200 Kimber that jammed up

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    much as you described--the p32 is my'walk the dog gun. or yard work 7 washing the car.

it fits in it "holdstrer" and with such soft re-coil its accuracy slow fire is 2" at 15 feet.
    but most practice is done snap firing at 5" round plates placed for the belt buckle and COM.

its one more round than the p380 which my daughter helped herself to when she relocated to NRA HQ.

i would not recommend a 32 for a primary carry gun. yet for an experienced person its a viable option.
    but reloading them little cases can test ones patience--and dexterity.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I normally carry a 9mm, but when conditions require something smaller, a Keltec P32 keeps me from feeling completely unarmed.
    sixgun likes this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I love my little P32. I carry Fiocchi FMJ for adequate penetration since it's more important than expansion with this tiny caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I normally carry a 9mm, but when conditions require something smaller, a Keltec P32 keeps me from feeling completely unarmed.
    Ditto exactly the same for me. when its not fesible to carry a larger gun its my little 32 its always there.

Why would anyone carry the P32, when a pistol virtually the same size and weight is available in .380? Bigger bullet, more bullet weight, better velocity and no concerns about rimlock.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I don't carry one but the .32 ACP can exhibit surprising penetration in its FMJ guise. I once shot a steel automobile wheel rim with an Astra Constable .32 ACP and the factory FMJ bullet penetrated it completely. Of course the wheel rim was off of a Fiat or Renault or some other dinky 60s European import but still, it was pretty impressive.

I did make one of those "one in a million" shots with a .32 ACP on an occasion. When I was newly married we lived in a neighborhood overrun with feral cats. I kept a live-trap out constantly in order to try to stem the tide. We had a new couple over for dinner one evening and the guy was interested in firearms. He'd reviewed my then minuscule collection when I noticed a cat in the trap on the back patio. I invited him to ride out past the edge of town to eliminate the nuisance. We walked well out into a large field of short stubble and I placed the trap on the ground, releasing the cat. They would typically run out of the trap a short distance and slow down or stop briefly where I'd end their career with a .22 rifle or 12 gauge. On this occasion I took the .32 automatic for some dumb reason. This one was especially wild and shot out of the trap like a rocket. He was 25 yards away before I could pull the .32 Astra out of my hip pocket, cock it and get off a shot. By the time I swung on him and snap-shot the pistol he was a good 40 yards out, still tearing along at full speed. The 71 grain FMJ bullet rolled him up neatly as could be, deader'n a hammer.

I'm sorry to say it but I couldn't resist nonchalantly applying the pistol's safety, observing that the cat had well and truly met his demise, and turning for the car, as if such shots were the norm for me. Actually, I could have stood there for the rest of the year trying such shots and never again have hit a target that fleeting, at that distance, with that pistol.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I suspect many more people carry this type and caliber of firearm than we realize. Look at the sales of these small guns. IMHO, they are carried often but talked about little.
    Richard58 likes this.

To answer, when I bought my P32, Kel Tec had not yet came out with the 380 model. But I like the extra round over the 380 model, faster follow up shots, and like I stated I run FMJ in it...

I've shot a bunch of bullets through it years ago when ammo was cheap and has yet to malfunction on me.

It sits right on my dresser beside my wallet when I'm sleeping and in my pocket when I get my pants on in the morning. Always with me.

If I'm in the house watching TV in my easy chair my 40 S&W auto is in my secret spot beside me.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

North American Arms that is 32 caliber. 32 NAA to be exact. Its a 380 that is necked down to 32. Great litle IWB that I carry a lot in the summer.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

VIP Member
    I have a Davis derringer in 32auto, but it takes two hands to cock the hammer, and two fingers to pull the trigger. I reload the 32 with a couple grains of Bullseye under a 00 buck shot squeezed in with a pair of pliers, no sizing required. CSI would have fun with that one. I gave up on reloading the 25 when I started re-sizing my fingers.

The P32 is better than nothing, but a 380 is just as easy to carry.
    claude clay likes this.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links