Range Report - Kahr CM9

This is a discussion on Range Report - Kahr CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took my new CM9 to the range over the weekend. I followed all of the break in guidelines on the KahrTalk forums, although I only ...

Thread: Range Report - Kahr CM9

Range Report - Kahr CM9

Took my new CM9 to the range over the weekend. I followed all of the break in guidelines on the KahrTalk forums, although I only racked the slide 200 times (not the suggested 500). I stripped it, lubed it, racked the slide 200 times, then took it to the range.

I put 175 round through the weapon (the range closed before I could make it through 200). I took my brother with me, and he experienced about 6 jams. He is a relatively new shooter, so I assumed he was limp wristing. He noted that the jam seemed to be happening on the third round of every mag. The slide would lock back, and the top round in the magazine would be angled downward, pressed against the frame just below the feed ramp. This made me think that he was accidentally hitting the mag release while shooting (he has big gorilla hands). After careful observation, we concluded that this was exactly what was happening. The "every third round" thing was just a fluke (I think by the third round he had stopped concentrating on keeping his thumb in place).

I experienced one jam, and that was on my last magazine of the day, which I fired one-handed. Sure enough, my thumb had slipped down to the mag release, so it was user error. The Kahr performed flawlessly.

The picture shows my best results at seven yards. The top two holes with faint Xs through them are from a previous mag. The remaining holes are the result of seven rounds at seven yards. I was able to put roughly 5 rounds in the same silver-dollar-sized hole on the bottom right, and the other two shots very close together on the bottom left. Granted, this was not quick shooting. I was lining up my shots with about 3-4 seconds between each shot at the "Kahrget." :) Kahrget.JPG

I'm very happy with the weapon thus far. The slide has loosened up considerably already. My wife could not rack the slide when it was new, but she was able to after I returned from the range. I know others have had complaints, but none for me so far.
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I think you have your bothers problem figured out. About the third shot your grip has slipped enough to get fingers grabbing where they sould not be. For range time till your comfortible with it being relieable get an old inner tube from a skin tire bike. Cut several pieces, 5/8 or 3/4" the next one 3/4" bigger next one 3/4" bigger yet. Just fill up the grip area. It will give a bit of thickness and a better grip for ole big paws "your brother" and you to help get to know your kahr is running relieably with out getting any skin broke in too. Don't think the new ones really need the slide racking work at home. Atleast mine did not.

I ran 400 rounds of cheap stuff thru mine followed by 200 rounds of HP . Mine likes to shoot a load from Georgia arms, speer 124gr HP+P .

Looks like some good shooting.

VIP Member
    Mine has been great too! Enjoy.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Nice control of that weapon. I love mine it rides in my pocket holster. Now get a TP45 that group will shrink even more.

VIP Member
    Nice shooting that little thing. I like the fact that the Bbl has standard rifling for lead bullets.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

How was the trigger? If anyone knows, The CM9, PM9, and P380 all have the same trigger pull right?

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    YES, The trigger tend to wear to around 6lbs pull weight. Atleast my 2 did.

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    How was the trigger? If anyone knows, The CM9, PM9, and P380 all have the same trigger pull right?
    I'm not good at gauging the weight of the trigger pull, but I can tell you it was smooth. No "catches" or wiggles. Felt great.
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

Links