Lucky if living in the US - Page 2

Lucky if living in the US

This is a discussion on Lucky if living in the US within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry for the confusion. My post had nothing to do with exchange rates, just prices in the US versus here in the Philippines. All prices ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Lucky if living in the US

Sorry for the confusion. My post had nothing to do with exchange rates, just prices in the US versus here in the Philippines.

All prices I quoted are in US dollars. US and Phils is not currency, just the area.

An LCp costs 379 dollars in the US but it costs 1045 dollars here in the PHILS(philippines)

At the risk of sounding arrogant to foreigners, we in the land of Uncle Sugar are fortunate indeed.

Welcome to the Forum Partridge

Filipinos love 1911s, brand names are very expensive but you can get something similar to the RIA for about $400.

1911 Philippines
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

never mind. thought better of it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
    Sorry for the confusion. My post had nothing to do with exchange rates, just prices in the US versus here in the Philippines.

All prices I quoted are in US dollars. US and Phils is not currency, just the area.

An LCp costs 379 dollars in the US but it costs 1045 dollars here in the PHILS(philippines)
    Ah, now I understand.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I have a retirement home in Cebu, It's EXTREMELY expensive to buy American made firearms & ammo in the Philippines! There import tax is crazy! When I'm in country with wife we go up to Danao City. They make 1911's and other caliber hand guns. Hook up with the right people you can get anything just short of a stinger missile.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    I have a retirement home in Cebu, It's EXTREMELY expensive to buy American made firearms & ammo in the Philippines! There import tax is crazy! When I'm in country with wife we go up to Danao City. They make 1911's and other caliber hand guns. Hook up with the right people you can get anything just short of a stinger missile.
    How much are import taxes? If I wanted to bring a Glock 19 with me or something along those lines. I have a buddy who wanted me to go live with him out there for a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I agree, I am lucky to be living in the US.
    I have concealed carry.
    I can have magazines & ammo delivered to my door.
    I can shoot in my backyard.
    Everywhere in the US should be like this, but it is not

I agree in one aspect,but in another you should be grateful your Country isn't like Others, where you can't own a gun,or if you do It's almost a burden to transport it to shoot it never mind trying to use it for Self Defense
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links