Why Glock? - Page 7

Why Glock?

This is a discussion on Why Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think in terms of logic so I believe my opinions make good sense, at least to me. I chose Glock for thse reasons: -simplicity ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Why Glock?

I think in terms of logic so I believe my opinions make good sense, at least to me. I chose Glock for thse reasons:
    -simplicity
    -easy to use
    -easy to clean
    -extremely durable and reliable
    -feels good in my hand
    -many accessories for carry and operation

I know a lot of people say glocks are ugly, but I think they look quite sexy; like a beautiful woman who does not. Eed to wear make up to look attractive.

My only complaint about Glocks is that they don't feel right in my hands. Just my 2 cents.

Jasgo summed it up pretty well...in a nutshell, they are tools that work well-not works of art.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I'm a little late to this party but Glocks are generally, relieable, durable, available in many calibers and sizes, and have a good trigger once you become accustomed to it.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    First off - I love the .45 ACP round. That said, I've been shopping around for a full sized 1911; I like the style of the weapon and its heritage. I've fired my Marine buddy's WW1 weapon and it was heaven!

Then last night after the neighborhood watch meeting, my buddy shows me his new Glock 21 in .45 ACP. After clearing it, he let me handle it and showed me all the features. I must say I was intrigued - it was light and simple to operate and the 13+1 capacity was nice as well.

I know there's a ton of Glock folks on this forum. What is 'it' about Glocks? Why should I consider a Glock over a traditional 1911?

Well before the m&p Debuted the glock was the best handgun around.

It's still one of the best and easiest to find accessories for.
    *swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

What's not to like: safe action trigger on an already dismal trigger. Boxy, uncomfortable, counter intuitive grip. The extra, extra waistband size. Awkward, twisting recoil in some chamberings. Past the hyperbole... every Glock I've ever picked up... I hated it. Plenty of other pistols out there share the same traits and are a joy to shoot. It's just not for me. But I still recommend them to other people for a lot of the reasons mentioned above.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

it just works well. Im a SIG guy, but when i held a Glock 19 in my hand it felt right with it being lighter and slimmer compared to my SIG Pro and P226. Now i carry the Glock 19 with me. Its just no frills but damn reliable imo. I have a Gen 3 Glock 19
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

I saw this post and could not resist.

Why Glock? Besides that my G21SF saved my butt more than once.....

Utilitarian
    Reliable
    Simple
    Low Maintenance

Glocks and AK's are the Biker Chicks of the gun world...most other guns are prom queens.....
    Kimbers are what you show you friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies.....
    http://hammerheadcombatsystems.org/

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    First off - I love the .45 ACP round. That said, I've been shopping around for a full sized 1911; I like the style of the weapon and its heritage. I've fired my Marine buddy's WW1 weapon and it was heaven!

Then last night after the neighborhood watch meeting, my buddy shows me his new Glock 21 in .45 ACP. After clearing it, he let me handle it and showed me all the features. I must say I was intrigued - it was light and simple to operate and the 13+1 capacity was nice as well.

I know there's a ton of Glock folks on this forum. What is 'it' about Glocks? [Why should I consider a Glock over a traditional 1911?
    Plenty of good reasons for me. For you? Over a traditional 1911? My advice......quit worrying about it. If a Glock's gonna grab you it will. Just keep an open mind and be ready when it does. Truth is you shouldn't consider a Glock over your 1911. All will happen in due time or it won't. Nobody has ever 'thought' themselves into a better position in battle. That takes a lot of hard work, decision making, and neutralizing the enemy. Been a Glock fan for a long time. I've tried their 45ACP models then thought I would be better off with the 1911 again. Found something better than I could have hoped for in 45ACP and single action. This is the only reason today that I own a SIG P220SAO instead of a G21 or a 1911.

lightweight, shoots straight, it never fails & pretty cheap to buy one ... what more do you want in a CCW?

Because when I turned 21 and went to the LGS to buy my 1st pistol, I got a good deal on a used 3rd Gen Glock 23... Which I still have to this day and carry....because it works and it's what I've judged everything by since...

Sigh...glock is not the end all be all gun. Check out some other pistols. Alot of them actually don't feel like you're shooting a brick. You can't argue a blocks reliability, but I would gladly put my M&P up against any glock...around 20k+ rounds through it and NOT one malfunction.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

[QUOTE=mwhartman;2201019]Mano, I started the concealed carry journey last April. After considerable research and reading on this forum, I purchased a Gen 4 G19. I love it. I've not had any issues.

I've been considering a 45 (Colt 1911 or G 36). I've saved $1,000 and started a similar thread Advantage of owning multiple caliber

Consider the G30SF. It's the same as the G30 (uses the same mags, 10 +1) but has a smaller backstrap. I've had mine for only a few months and have put probably 600-700 rounds through it. Not a single jam or any other malfunction. I use quality ammo, but not too expensive (American Eagle 230 gr., FMJ, or Golden Dot for HP). The American Eagle ammo costs $19-25 for 50 rounds, but I always look around for good deals and can usually find it for $20 a box.

The G30 SF is a good compromise between the G30 and G36. Plus I DON'T like having only 6+1 rounds (G36)...another reason I chose the G30SF. It fits me like a glove and despite what others have said, I LOVE the way it looks!!!! In fact, I've thought about buying a second one. Although I have a 12 gauge shotgun (Mossberg) and two revolvers (a Judge .410 and .45 long colt, and a Ruger SP101, .357), I don't like the idea of having only one semi-auto. I've looked and looked, but can't find another pistol with that capacity at that price and with that reliability. If I had the cash, I might get a 1911, just for the bragging rights, but I don't. So, it will probably be a second G30SF. Regarding the 1911, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but buying a gun thats costs 2-3 times what my Glock costs, for the same quality and reliability, just doesn't make sense to me. So I'm not trying to start a fight, just considering the actual "real life" aspects of each of the guns.
    Pistols: Glock 21SF, Glock 30SF, Colt 1911 GCT (all .45ACP),
    Revolvers: Ruger SP 101 (.357MAG/.38SP), Judge (.410G/.45LC)

Long guns: Daniel Defense AR-15's (M4V4 and M4V5), Mossberg Shotguns (400 and 500, both 12G), Ruger (.22;LR)

Quote Originally Posted by All_Business View Post
    Sigh...glock is not the end all be all gun. Check out some other pistols. Alot of them actually don't feel like you're shooting a brick. You can't argue a blocks reliability, but I would gladly put my M&P up against any glock...around 20k+ rounds through it and NOT one malfunction.
    I like my M&Ps just as much as the Glocks..... If not a little more since they are slowly over taking the Glocks for safe space

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Sponsored Links