Cm9 break-in report

Cm9 break-in report

This is a discussion on Cm9 break-in report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the range today to get the last 100 of 200 round break-in over with and had just one problem ( 3 times!) with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Cm9 break-in report

Cm9 break-in report

Went to the range today to get the last 100 of 200 round break-in over with and had just one problem ( 3 times!) with the 7 rnd. mags: the slide locked back after the first round was fired and the 2nd round was a stovepipe. This happened 3 times and only with the 7 round mags. I've read about this before on this forum and wonder what, if anything, can be done about it short of just loading 6 rounds in the 7 capacity mag. which, kinda, defeats the purpose of the 7 rounder! Suggestions? Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Tap the mag on the back against a table to make sure all rounds are set back. Try again. Truth be told I have the same issue with many makes when loading the mags to the utmost capacity. I in all my guns load the mag run one to he chamber.
    Philly Boy likes this.

When I experienced nose-down jams with the 7-rd mag with my PM9, I took a look over at the Kahrtalk forum, and found that this was a fairly common issue.

I then called Kahr, and talked to a tech with a British accent who seems to know his stuff. He explained that the extended mag can rotate around the mag catch, depending on how hard you grip the pistol. This changes the feed angle, and weird things can start to happen. Rather than trying to change your natural grip, the best solution he had was to just use the flush-fitting 6-rd mag.

Yes, it sucks going one round down, but reliability is more important.

I know that is not the exact same issue as what you experienced, but my suggestion would be to call Kahr directly. If you are not getting any issues with the 6-rd mag, they might swap your 7 for a 6.

Good luck!
    Philly Boy and mr surveyor like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I use a 7 round mag for the cw9 at the range and 8 round mag for a back up but both have always run great at the range. Many say the 8 rounders run fine so maybe have them swap out mags for you. With many pistols that have mag feed issues longer that don't run well when full need a +5% mag spring. That fixed many problems with other brands. It might be worth a try. 8 buck spring
    Philly Boy likes this.

I threw my seven round mag for my CM9 away. Same problem.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Foo909 View Post
    I threw my seven round mag for my CM9 away. Same problem.
    D'oh! Don't do that! Those things are expensive!

Call Kahr, and tell them the issue. If you send the 7-rd mag back, they will send you a 6-rd in exchange.
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

The CM9 is an excellent weapon, don't know if I will be carrying mine much since I got me the M&P 9c. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

Call Kahr, and tell them the issue. If you send the 7-rd mag back, they will send you a 6-rd in exchange.
    They sent it to me free, I got it in a promotion when I bought my gun. I actually used the follower out of it when my 6 rounder follower broke and chucked the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

Or send it to me! I'll at least send you a nice "Thank you"!

Regards,
    Jim

UPDATE: E-Mailed Kahr and they said to return the 7 rd. mags in exchange for 2, 6 rd. mags., and they are packaged and ready to go. Kahr CS sure came through for me-- as many others said they would!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Very nice!

QUESTION: Has anyone used the Pearce grip extensions for their CM9? How did/do they work? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    QUESTION: Has anyone used the Pearce grip extensions for their CM9? How did/do they work? Thanks.
    I've thought about it for my PM9, but I think the pressure they would exert on the bottom front of the mag could induce the same issues you get with the extended 7-rd mag - rotation around the mag catch.
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    I did put a Pearce grip extension on my CM9. It seemed to " slap" my little finger to the point I stopped using it. Well the gun did not funtion thru out the entire session with the slide "sticking" back 4 of 6 rounds. When I get the CM9 back from Kahr I am going to try the extension again. The Pearce works great on my LCP however.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

I shoot my CM9 well without them and feel it may take away from what makes the gun a treat to carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links