Pocket carrying a Glock 26

Pocket carrying a Glock 26

This is a discussion on Pocket carrying a Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some of my pants had pockets that would take my Kahr PM9, but the grip would peek out a bit due to the depth of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Pocket carrying a Glock 26

Thumbs up Pocket carrying a Glock 26

Some of my pants had pockets that would take my Kahr PM9, but the grip would peek out a bit due to the depth of the pockets.

I finally decided to do something about this, and took my pants to a dry cleaner/tailor around the corner, and had him deepen the pockets about 1 1/2 inches, and square off the bottom.

This had the desired effect of making my PM9 fit better. What I didn't expect was...now my Glock 26 fits, too!

What is even more surprising is that the Glock 26 actually feels more comfortable than the PM9. I think this may be due to the pocket holsters. My Glock 26 rides is a Desantis Superfly, which is like the Nemesis, but with an anti-print panel. My PM9 rides in a more rigid leather pocket holster with an anti-print panel. I think the greater flexibility of the Superfly makes it more comfortable in the pocket - it does not feel like a brick is in there. It prints a little more, but not enough to matter.

Now, there are still some pockets (such as a business suit) that will not take the Glock 26. I'll still use my PM9 or LCP for those. But I've gone from only carrying my Glock 26 while on duty, to carrying it a whole lot more often. And as nice as the PM9 is, it pales in comparison to the Glock 26.

So...if my situation sounds like yours, a $10 alteration might save you from having to buy a smaller (and less capable) pistol.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    We knew you had deep pockets.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    By another superfly for the pm9. Easier to compair pistols when all is equal except the 5+oz of weight difference. The glocks are thicker and that does tend to show too.

g26 is a fine gun but to pocket carry it is kind of big. Weighing in at 190z empty and 22 oz loaded that is almost 2 lbs in your pocket. That’s a lot of weight is flopping in your pocket. I use a belly band and it works for shorts, bathing suits and light clothing that normally would get pulled down from a gun
    GunTrooper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    By another superfly for the pm9. Easier to compair pistols when all is equal except the 5+oz of weight difference. The glocks are thicker and that does tend to show too.
    Actually, I have a Superfly for the PM9. I bought it for carrying my PM9 in my left pocket at times, since the Superfly is ambidextrous, but my leather pocket holster is not.

The bottom line for me is this - if I can carry the G26 in a pocket (instead of my other options) in comfort, and without it printing, I will. The G26 is just a more capable pistol.

Somewhat surprisingly, I don't notice the extra weight being an issue. This might be due to my large thighs...not enough room for the pistol to "flop around." Or, it might be due to me wearing a proper gun belt, even if I am pocket carrying - the belt does not flex or sag much, and it keeps my pants up even with two pocketed pistols, spare mags, wallet, phone, knife, etc etc.

The reason I started this thread is I was surprised myself at just how comfortable it was, once I got the pocket size figured out. Others have posted that they pocketed their G26, and outside of my uniform pants (which are made for that) I always thought "no way." Well, live and learn.
    CT Lasers

I carry my G27 in my pocket sometimes. It's all about the belt with a gun that size.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

sgb
    Cargo shorts
    ron8903 likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    can't get my G26 in and out of my pocket quickly. Also it prints too much. In a hi-ride OSB holster it is rather nice. Comforting actually.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Some of my pants had pockets that would take my Kahr PM9, but the grip would peek out a bit due to the depth of the pockets.

I finally decided to do something about this, and took my pants to a dry cleaner/tailor around the corner, and had him deepen the pockets about 1 1/2 inches, and square off the bottom.

This had the desired effect of making my PM9 fit better. What I didn't expect was...now my Glock 26 fits, too!

Now, there are still some pockets (such as a business suit) that will not take the Glock 26. I'll still use my PM9 or LCP for those. But I've gone from only carrying my Glock 26 while on duty, to carrying it a whole lot more often. And as nice as the PM9 is, it pales in comparison to the Glock 26.

So...if my situation sounds like yours, a $10 alteration might save you from having to buy a smaller (and less capable) pistol.
    I am in almost the exact same situation as you. Have the G26 and love it, but am getting ready to buy the PM9 for those times when I can't carry it (need to wear dress clothes and can't wear a shirt out). Thanks for the info!

Let me see ur MC Hammer pants.... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    Let me see ur MC Hammer pants.... :-)

U Can't Touch This!

Actually, I wear normal Wrangler "Originals" cargo pants, with the mod to the pocket. Not even one size larger, like you might need to carry IWB.

I do think that the next time I need to buy casual pants/shorts, I'll buy some of the 5.11 or similar ones that don't look too "tactical." They have the larger pockets from the get-go.

It even fits in my Dockers, which I can wear at work sometimes now, due to a temporary change in role.
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Cargo shorts
    Ditto here on the cargo shorts for my G26 in a Desantis Nemesis. I also have a PM9 and an LCP, each with their own Nemesis. Without a doubt, I'd much rather have the G26 onboard should the SHTF.
    "We Dare Defend Our Rights", Alabama State Motto...

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I pocket carry my M&P9c all the time. It should work for you as well.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    5.11 pants work great with a G26, and a good belt. I am not concerned if people think I look tactical. People think what they want anyway. Lucky if you please anybody,much less everybody.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

VIP Member
    To each his own..... It's still feels like having a brick in your pocket..... I love my G26 but not for pocket carry.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links