My family keeps growing, and growing and growing...

This is a discussion on My family keeps growing, and growing and growing... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well in this past year I had picked up a Mossberg 500, and then just a few weeks ago an AR-15. I figured they were ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Elk Hunter
  • 1 Post By JaySkiBum
  • 1 Post By 10thmtn

Thread: My family keeps growing, and growing and growing...

My family keeps growing, and growing and growing...

Well in this past year I had picked up a Mossberg 500, and then just a few weeks ago an AR-15. I figured they were good additions to the home defense plans, complimenting my Glock 30 and Springfield XD9. Well heck, my wife had to tell me she was ready to pursue her CWP and needed a gun she could practice with, and eventually carry. So, with a heavy heart I set out yesterday on my quest to pick up her new gun. She had fired the XD9 and felt comfortable with it, but found it to be a bit big, especially for conceal carry on her frame. She's 5'2. Well that gave me the excuse to get her the baby brother to that gun, which also happens to be a gun I have been trying to snag for some time.

So today I picked up a Springfield XDSC 9mm. I took it home, cleaned it up, and headed to the range to test it out. I would have taken my wife but she left me for a Vegas trip with her girl friends. I put 100 rounds of mostly lower end range ammo down the pipe...and it shot as it should. Beautifully without any problem. I have only heard good things about this gun and I think I am in the process of just confirming all that has been said.

Here it is:
    gun1a.jpg

Target at 10 yards:
    range.jpg
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Very nice of you to make sure everything works before you give it to her. Oh the sacrafice we make for our wives.
    Sejune likes this.

I love my XD9sc, carry it everywhere I can! Good choice.
    Sejune likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    ...I would have taken my wife but she left me for a Vegas trip with her girl friends...
    Oh dear...
    Sejune likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Links