Thinking of another 9mm

This is a discussion on Thinking of another 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I traded a troublesome G19 Gen4 for the M&P FS and really like it. My trigger is very good; much better than the Glock was. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thinking of another 9mm

I traded a troublesome G19 Gen4 for the M&P FS and really like it. My trigger is very good; much better than the Glock was. Good luck.
    USN Retired

2. Remove Ads

I have to agree with the statments on the PPQ very nice full size nine good capacity shoots very well and the ergonomics feel really nice but it comes down to an individual choice as you know what fits me may not fit you. I also like the M&P over the Glock. Nothing concrete just like the feel of the M&P over the Glock that is a personal choice based solely on feel. Both companies are stellar and make good products. Shoot them both up and then you will know for sure.

Why not the FNS9 thats what Im looking at next I have a Glock 19 and a Glock 26 also FNP9 this is a striker fired 9mm.
    FNS
    Check out this video:Dave Sevigny FNH FNS-9 - YouTube

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    CZ75......pick u a real metal gun rated one of the best 9s ever made

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    If you have a G19 already, I'm not sure why you would want to go larger?

Unless you have one already, how about a G26 as a secondary to your G19?

If you already have a G19 and want larger, then a G17 would make more sense than an M&P. Mag interchangeability.
    agreed I would go with the G-26, if you want something different get a Sig, H&K or an FN

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    agreed I would go with the G-26, if you want something different get a Sig, H&K or an FN
    I also have a sig P6 very nice as well Ruger SR9c not a bad choice either/

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    What do you mean no? That is how Glock got into the market segment, and that is how smith is now. It is simple economics. Give LE cheap or free weapons you designed with them in mind, don't forget "armorer" training to get a foothold, then use those departments as examples to sell to other departments. Not to mention all the LEO bunnies who will hop right down to the LGS to buy what the men in blue carry. It is no secret and it is a great business model for any firearm manufacturer and Smith made the design adjustments to accommodate what LE wanted and let their sales and marketing team do their job. Glock seemed not to give a dang and they lost market share. Maybe because their executives were too busy embezzling and stealing weapons while their once innovative and aggressive owner is too busy playing with young tail in the twilight of his life to care... who knows.
    LOL LEO Bunnies
    Good one

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoDriver View Post
    Why not the FNS9 thats what Im looking at next I have a Glock 19 and a Glock 26 also FNP9 this is a striker fired 9mm.
    FNS
    Check out this video:Dave Sevigny FNH FNS-9 - YouTube
    I second taking a look at the FNS9. Three mags and night sights standard. One of the best, if not the best trigger on a striker fired pistol I've handled and feels like a million bucks in your hand. PPQ is also nice, but the FNS with night sights and three mags is a better deal.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Glock 34....
    If you already have a Glock 19 but want something larger then the 34 is a good choice. The 17 isn't much larger but it is a great gun and the 34 is a good choice. It has a larger grip and a longer barrel so you would be getting a more significantly different gun then just a 17.

Quote Originally Posted by gold40 View Post
    I like my S&W 5906. All stainless steel, never malfunctions, minimal recoil.
    X2 and don't forget that it fires anything and everything-it does not care. I have had one for nearly 20 years and it has never misfired or jammed, even with backyard reloads. It by far is my favorite to shoot but IMO is too bulky for carry. But then I am thinner build.

Walther PPQ is a minor "improvement" on the p99. Holster fit varies -- some p99 holster fit the ppq, some don't.

I love my ppq. I also love my PPS. If you're in the market for a small 9mm the PPS should be at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    because smith is now the one giving away basement and free firearms to PD's as opposed to glock?

That IS the reason btw
    They didn't give them to my department. We did get the good deal on them since we bought in bulk but they were FAR from free.

I much prefer the 2 handed grip I can achieve with the G19 over the full length grip of the 17. Perhaps I have just become accustomed to it but my weak hand cups the bottom just slightly and supports my strong hand. With the 17 I cannot merge my hands with the same pocket I have become used to.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

I know Glocks are great guns but they don't feel right in my hands. The Browning Hi Power is a great 9mm and someday I might own one, but I just ordered my third Beretta 92. As much as I like my 1911, as I age, the Beretta 92 becomes more and more my favorite gun. I'm not sure why, but it is a very comforting pistol for me to carry. I know it is a large pistol, and I am 5'6" and 165 pounds, but the '92 conceals and carries well for me.

I didn't see anyone else vote for it, so I will put in a plug for the '92. I like this 9mm.
    hrufrdr1 likes this.

VIP Member
    If the weight of the CZ is the problem, take a look at the CZ75 P-01 or the P-07.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links