Thinking of another 9mm

Thinking of another 9mm

This is a discussion on Thinking of another 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've sold off all handguns except for my Glocks and one Kel-tec. I've tried many over the years, but seem to prefer the simplicity of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Thinking of another 9mm

Thinking of another 9mm

I've sold off all handguns except for my Glocks and one Kel-tec. I've tried many over the years, but seem to prefer the simplicity of the Glock platform and the constant trigger. The only handgun I regret selling is my CZ-75B. It shot great, but I got tired of the DA/SA trigger and found the gun to be too heavy for carry. Lately I have been having the itch for a larger 9mm to accompany my Glock 19 that would still be comfortable for OC or winter carry. I considered the Glock 17, but don't find it to be that much different than my 19. I've tried the XD and didn't care for it, so I guess that leaves the M&P9 in the polymer constant trigger platform. I've held them in the past, but felt like the trigger was a bit weird. Never shot one though...

Does anyone own both Glocks and M&Ps and enjoy both?

Would you buy an M&P9 or a G17 in my position?

I would take a gen 1-3 g17 every day and twice on sundays over the M&P.

Just buy some G17 mags, with some xgrip spacers, and voila, turn your 19 into a 17!

Senior Moderator
    Glock 34....
    Toorop likes this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Here is just a thought. Try the CZ 75b SA. That is a very good choice in full sized 9mm. As for the weight issue, there are also the poly versions available. I suggest you do some more research on the CZ. Don't write it off too soon.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

If you have a G19 already, I'm not sure why you would want to go larger?

Unless you have one already, how about a G26 as a secondary to your G19?

If you already have a G19 and want larger, then a G17 would make more sense than an M&P. Mag interchangeability.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

M&p easily.

More accurate pistol, just as durable and reliable, more comfortable due too better ergonomics, just a better all around gun.

That being said, I used to own a glock, sold it to fund my m&p purchase once I shot an m&p. Never regretted it.

It's a reason police departments are switching from glock to m&p, better pistol

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post

It's a reason police departments are switching from glock to m&p, better pistol

because smith is now the one giving away basement and free firearms to PD's as opposed to glock?

That IS the reason btw
    RockStrongo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    because smith is now the one giving away basement and free firearms to PD's as opposed to glock?

That IS the reason btw

Nope, why switch from a working weapon system that works when you don't have to?

Why?

Because you found something better.

Otherwise, why bother buying new holsters, mag holders and other such accessories?

It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
    Nope, why switch from a working weapon system that works when you don't have to?

Why?

Because you found something better.

Otherwise, why bother buying new holsters, mag holders and other such accessories?

What do you mean no? That is how Glock got into the market segment, and that is how smith is now. It is simple economics. Give LE cheap or free weapons you designed with them in mind, don't forget "armorer" training to get a foothold, then use those departments as examples to sell to other departments. Not to mention all the LEO bunnies who will hop right down to the LGS to buy what the men in blue carry. It is no secret and it is a great business model for any firearm manufacturer and Smith made the design adjustments to accommodate what LE wanted and let their sales and marketing team do their job. Glock seemed not to give a dang and they lost market share. Maybe because their executives were too busy embezzling and stealing weapons while their once innovative and aggressive owner is too busy playing with young tail in the twilight of his life to care... who knows.

Tried PPQ?
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Tried PPQ?
    I've never been a big fan of glocks... Felt odd to me. But the PPQ feels amazing, my glock friends like it too. Might want to rent one to try it out.

I like my S&W 5906. All stainless steel, never malfunctions, minimal recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Tried PPQ?
    I haven't had a chance to hold one of these, but I might consider it. Any idea if p99 holsters fit the PPQ? My only worry would be finding holsters.

Have you considered a Browing HP? Solid, time-tested design. Why get something that is essentially like what you already have?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links