HK P30 in 9mm arrives and I'm not all that excited

This is a discussion on HK P30 in 9mm arrives and I'm not all that excited within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SCfromNY I can not beleive it feels cheap. I have found the opposite especially when compared to other polymer handguns. It is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HK P30 in 9mm arrives and I'm not all that excited

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I can not beleive it feels cheap. I have found the opposite especially when compared to other polymer handguns. It is 50/50 whether your lever will be loose, annoying but not a deal breaker. LEM or DA/SA you can send just the frame (so you can use post office) to Bill Spingfield and for $69 found trip you get a much better trigger.
    Why give advice in a manner that has the potential to get someone indicted? Learn the laws before giving advice. The frame IS THE FIREARM as defined by the ATF. Shipping a firearm via the USPS is a federal offense without the possession of an FFL.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Why give advice in a manner that has the potential to get someone indicted? Learn the laws before giving advice. The frame IS THE FIREARM as defined by the ATF. Shipping a firearm via the USPS is a federal offense without the possession of an FFL.
    A little quick to jump down his throat, no? I may be wrong, but I don't see where he told him to send anything via USPS.

At any rate, another good option for trigger work is Bruce Grey at GGI. Pricier to be sure, but the work he and his people do is absolutely fantastic. I got reduced reset carry perfection package done to my P2000 LEM, and it turned a gun I loved into a gun that I will NEVER, NEVER part with for as long as I'm on this earth. They refitted and smoothed out the action, put in an internal overtravel stop, reduced the trigger weight down to just under 5 lbs, reduced the reset by what feels like 50%, and nickel-finished all relevant parts. Check them out too.*

*I do NOT work for GGI and am not affiliated with them in any manner. Just a very satisfied customer.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    A little quick to jump down his throat, no? I may be wrong, but I don't see where he told him to send anything via USPS.

At any rate, another good option for trigger work is Bruce Grey at GGI. Pricier to be sure, but the work he and his people do is absolutely fantastic. I got reduced reset carry perfection package done to my P2000 LEM, and it turned a gun I loved into a gun that I will NEVER, NEVER part with for as long as I'm on this earth. They refitted and smoothed out the action, put in an internal overtravel stop, reduced the trigger weight down to just under 5 lbs, reduced the reset by what feels like 50%, and nickel-finished all relevant parts. Check them out too.*

*I do NOT work for GGI and am not affiliated with them in any manner. Just a very satisfied customer.
    You did say post office which is a no-no. Handguns have to go next day UPS or Fed-Ex unless you're an FFL or have an FFL ship it for you.

Any way...

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    You did say post office which is a no-no. Handguns have to go next day UPS or Fed-Ex unless you're an FFL or have an FFL ship it for you.

Any way...

Wasn't me that said it, though looking back at the post in question I did miss it the first time (that's what I get for skimming quickly on my iphone riding the elevator up to the office). I stand corrected, as he did in fact mention the post office.

Like JD said, back on topic . . .

The P30 is a great gun, nothing cheap about it to be sure. Just give it some time, and if you don't like the DA/SA consider changing in a LEM trigger. Most HK shooters I know prefer the LEM over the more traditional DA/SA pull in the P-series.

Quote Originally Posted by jayz View Post
    Go shoot the crap out of it, then reevaluate. There is nothing cheap in that gun, you know that. Just a different feel than Sigs.
    this....

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    Wasn't me that said it, though looking back at the post in question I did miss it the first time (that's what I get for skimming quickly on my iphone riding the elevator up to the office). I stand corrected, as he did in fact mention the post office.

Like JD said, back on topic . . .

The P30 is a great gun, nothing cheap about it to be sure. Just give it some time, and if you don't like the DA/SA consider changing in a LEM trigger. Most HK shooters I know prefer the LEM over the more traditional DA/SA pull in the P-series.
    Ahh correction, he said post office.

I got to run my P30S a little more yesterday and it's definitely growing on me.

Ok so I shot it this weekend and it is growing on me. It is probably the softest shooting 9mm I have ever shot. Somehow even softer that the all steel guns I've owned.The trigger isn't good at all but like some have said....a quick trip to see Bruce at GGI would probably fix that.My wife mentioned she really liked how it felt to her so I think I will have her go shoot it to see if she wants it as her HD gun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

LOL. A Sig snob calling an HK cheap. That's a good one.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have 3 HK pistols. HK45C, P2000 and P2000 SK. P2000s are in 9mm. I have sold P30 since I did not like the grip and trigger.
    IF you won HK I would go with LEM V1 or light trigger. My P30 was DA/SA and I just could not shoot it!
    All of them are LEM V1 light triggers and they shoot great. My 45C surprises me how accurate it can be. I wish they would have SRT like some SIgs. It is more personal choice to get a proper pistol. Sig has his own style but they are heavy and bulky.
    HK so far never failed me not even once, after 6,000 rounds combined.
    Vodek

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    LOL. A Sig snob calling an HK cheap. That's a good one.
    I sure wouldn't call myself a Sig snob. I said in the original post that I carry my Glocks way more than my Sig. If I was a Sig snob I probably wouldn't have traded it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links