HK P30 in 9mm arrives and I'm not all that excited

This is a discussion on HK P30 in 9mm arrives and I'm not all that excited within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SCfromNY I can not beleive it feels cheap. I have found the opposite especially when compared to other polymer handguns. It is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HK P30 in 9mm arrives and I'm not all that excited

  1. #16
    Ex Member Array gtmtnbiker98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    South Central OH
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I can not beleive it feels cheap. I have found the opposite especially when compared to other polymer handguns. It is 50/50 whether your lever will be loose, annoying but not a deal breaker. LEM or DA/SA you can send just the frame (so you can use post office) to Bill Spingfield and for $69 found trip you get a much better trigger.
    Why give advice in a manner that has the potential to get someone indicted? Learn the laws before giving advice. The frame IS THE FIREARM as defined by the ATF. Shipping a firearm via the USPS is a federal offense without the possession of an FFL.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Member Array ChrisMia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    Why give advice in a manner that has the potential to get someone indicted? Learn the laws before giving advice. The frame IS THE FIREARM as defined by the ATF. Shipping a firearm via the USPS is a federal offense without the possession of an FFL.
    A little quick to jump down his throat, no? I may be wrong, but I don't see where he told him to send anything via USPS.

    At any rate, another good option for trigger work is Bruce Grey at GGI. Pricier to be sure, but the work he and his people do is absolutely fantastic. I got reduced reset carry perfection package done to my P2000 LEM, and it turned a gun I loved into a gun that I will NEVER, NEVER part with for as long as I'm on this earth. They refitted and smoothed out the action, put in an internal overtravel stop, reduced the trigger weight down to just under 5 lbs, reduced the reset by what feels like 50%, and nickel-finished all relevant parts. Check them out too.*




    *I do NOT work for GGI and am not affiliated with them in any manner. Just a very satisfied customer.

  4. #18
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    18,886
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    A little quick to jump down his throat, no? I may be wrong, but I don't see where he told him to send anything via USPS.

    At any rate, another good option for trigger work is Bruce Grey at GGI. Pricier to be sure, but the work he and his people do is absolutely fantastic. I got reduced reset carry perfection package done to my P2000 LEM, and it turned a gun I loved into a gun that I will NEVER, NEVER part with for as long as I'm on this earth. They refitted and smoothed out the action, put in an internal overtravel stop, reduced the trigger weight down to just under 5 lbs, reduced the reset by what feels like 50%, and nickel-finished all relevant parts. Check them out too.*




    *I do NOT work for GGI and am not affiliated with them in any manner. Just a very satisfied customer.
    You did say post office which is a no-no. Handguns have to go next day UPS or Fed-Ex unless you're an FFL or have an FFL ship it for you.


    Any way...


  5. #19
    Member Array ChrisMia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    You did say post office which is a no-no. Handguns have to go next day UPS or Fed-Ex unless you're an FFL or have an FFL ship it for you.


    Any way...

    Wasn't me that said it, though looking back at the post in question I did miss it the first time (that's what I get for skimming quickly on my iphone riding the elevator up to the office). I stand corrected, as he did in fact mention the post office.

    Like JD said, back on topic . . .

    The P30 is a great gun, nothing cheap about it to be sure. Just give it some time, and if you don't like the DA/SA consider changing in a LEM trigger. Most HK shooters I know prefer the LEM over the more traditional DA/SA pull in the P-series.

  6. #20
    Member Array kmagnuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by jayz View Post
    Go shoot the crap out of it, then reevaluate. There is nothing cheap in that gun, you know that. Just a different feel than Sigs.
    this....

  7. #21
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    18,886
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMia View Post
    Wasn't me that said it, though looking back at the post in question I did miss it the first time (that's what I get for skimming quickly on my iphone riding the elevator up to the office). I stand corrected, as he did in fact mention the post office.

    Like JD said, back on topic . . .

    The P30 is a great gun, nothing cheap about it to be sure. Just give it some time, and if you don't like the DA/SA consider changing in a LEM trigger. Most HK shooters I know prefer the LEM over the more traditional DA/SA pull in the P-series.
    Ahh correction, he said post office.


    I got to run my P30S a little more yesterday and it's definitely growing on me.

  8. #22
    Member Array maddy345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pikeville, NC
    Posts
    472
    Ok so I shot it this weekend and it is growing on me. It is probably the softest shooting 9mm I have ever shot. Somehow even softer that the all steel guns I've owned.The trigger isn't good at all but like some have said....a quick trip to see Bruce at GGI would probably fix that.My wife mentioned she really liked how it felt to her so I think I will have her go shoot it to see if she wants it as her HD gun.


    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  9. #23
    VIP Member Array zonker1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    3,124
    LOL. A Sig snob calling an HK cheap. That's a good one.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

  10. #24
    Member Array vodekz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    pewaukee, wi
    Posts
    113
    I have 3 HK pistols. HK45C, P2000 and P2000 SK. P2000s are in 9mm. I have sold P30 since I did not like the grip and trigger.
    IF you won HK I would go with LEM V1 or light trigger. My P30 was DA/SA and I just could not shoot it!
    All of them are LEM V1 light triggers and they shoot great. My 45C surprises me how accurate it can be. I wish they would have SRT like some SIgs. It is more personal choice to get a proper pistol. Sig has his own style but they are heavy and bulky.
    HK so far never failed me not even once, after 6,000 rounds combined.
    Vodek

  11. #25
    Member Array maddy345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pikeville, NC
    Posts
    472

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    LOL. A Sig snob calling an HK cheap. That's a good one.
    I sure wouldn't call myself a Sig snob. I said in the original post that I carry my Glocks way more than my Sig. If I was a Sig snob I probably wouldn't have traded it.


    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

hk p30
,
hk p30 9mm vs 40
,
hk p30 light lem
,

hk p30 v1

,

hk p30 vs p2000

,
hk p30 vs sig p229
,
hk p30 vs walther ppq
,

p2000 vs p30

,

p30 vs p2000

,

p30 vs ppq

,

ppq vs p30

,

walther ppq vs hk p30

Click on a term to search for related topics.