Kahr CM9 rear sight

Kahr CM9 rear sight

This is a discussion on Kahr CM9 rear sight within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Kahr cm9 and love everything about it, except the rear site. I can not get use to it, I'm not accurate with ...

Thread: Kahr CM9 rear sight

Kahr CM9 rear sight

I have a Kahr cm9 and love everything about it, except the rear site. I can not get use to it, I'm not accurate with it. I'm looking to maybe switch it out with something else. I like just a plain 3 dot sight or something like that. Does anyone else not like the Kahr site and has anyone else changed thiers out and had better luck. Im not looking for night sites. Also can you change out the front site or is it glued in?

VIP Member
    I have a CW45. It took some time to get used to the Bar/dot sights. I was used to the conventional 3 dot systems. One thing you need to remember. The Kahr guns are not meant as target pistols. They are defensive weapons and don't require tack driving percision. If you do want to change your sights, there are 3 dot sights available for them. See link below to Hahrs website.

Kahr Arms Sights
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Just takes some time behind the sights to get comfortible with them. You should get after a while that you are not focusing on the rear sight at all for defensive use or the sights or rear sight at all for shorter ranges. It does become much more natural as time goes by.

I will keep practicing with it and see how it goes. I will focus nad the front sight as well. True on the not a tack driver, maybe that's what I was thinking. I can keep a 5" group at 15-20 feet, but I think it should be better. I often shoot it after my buckmark, maybe that's part of the problem...lol. Thanks

I like the reference the site gives. I am most accurate with green fiber optic. That is what I have on my TP45. Learn to focus on the front site the line will fall right into place with practice.

I don't know the answers to your question but just like to add in I pretty much suck at target practice with mine from 30 feet...All though it was never meant for that.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    You are shooting it after a short pull single action with the buckmark . Moveing to a long DA type trigger can kill groups all on its own till you get a couple mags down range to retrain the finger. Really takes time on the trigger. If you can try a da revolver and see if your shooting as worse as the pulls tend to be more than kahrs 6lb pull weight. It can be hard to know about when the trigger release and that can make group size grow.It is harder for me to judge as I have shot the same type trigger pull and basic no rear sight revolvers for 20 years before moveing the small pistols.

I agree, I found staging the trigger helped immensely on hitting a 10" gong anyway. Still difficult given sight radius.

Well I went to the range on Sunday and shot my new ruger sr22, which has a heavier trigger (btw cool pistol). I then switched over the the Kahr and only used the front site. It made a significant difference. I did not look at the reat site at all, just the front. I alway heard just use your front site at that distance, but never really did. Anyway thanks for the advice and I'll keep practicing.

Links