Glock Mags.............Whoa ?

This is a discussion on Glock Mags.............Whoa ? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yep..........took the Glock plunge ...never thought I'd do it......got me a 30SF. But, just one question.....for an Ole' 1911 guy....how come the Mags are so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Glock Mags.............Whoa ?

Glock Mags.............Whoa ?

Yep..........took the Glock plunge ...never thought I'd do it......got me a 30SF.
    But, just one question.....for an Ole' 1911 guy....how come the Mags are so tight....can only get 8 rounds in the 9round mags, I have 2 and they're both the same......the 10 round mags are OK..... Never had this problem with my Colts.

What's up with this....?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

My mags were like that at first as well. It took some time to get them broken in. I just left them loaded up for a while and they broke in just fine.
    Philly Boy and Dragman like this.
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

NMB
    What RugerMike said, they are stiff at first, leave them loaded as much as possible and you will be fine in a few days. Those mags are nearly indestructible, good choice on the 30!
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

I thought so too.............didn't give up caliber size and added a few in capacity....just not used to this gadget yet I guess.
    What about the plastic guide rod......should I change it out for a SS or Titanium one ?

There's a reason they give you the mag loaders! Yeah, they are tight out of the box, and you're right, never really encountered that from any other manufacturer. They'll show some give as they get compressed with use.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    I thought so too.............didn't give up caliber size and added a few in capacity....just not used to this gadget yet I guess.
    What about the plastic rod......should I change it out for a SS or Titanium one ?
    That is one of the upgrades many glock owners do, probably second only to the change to night sights. I have a metal guide rod but it was so long ago I don't remember if Ti or SS.
    I prefer a captured version complete with spring.

Just hang on to the original cause you will need it if you ever do GSSF shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

What about the plastic guide rod......should I change it out for a SS or Titanium one ?
    Nope. The stock guide rod is fine.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

NMB
    Ive never had or heard about issues with the plastic guide rod. That being said, I havent heard about issues with the SS or Titanium ones either. If you are a 1911 guy and it will make you feel better, do it , its not really necessary though.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

The 15 rounders for my G19 took a little bit of effort to get the last one in. I just used the mag accessory that came in the box until they loosened up.

I would also just stick with the stock guide rod. Heck, it doesn't even need one.

My 30SF came with night sights............guess we'll now considder the guide rod factor.

I've read that the flexibility and malleability of the plastic guide rod are factors in the reliability of the Glocks when they're exposed to mud, sand, water etc. Probably not an issue for us average Joes but maybe so for some you more "tactical" members.

Except for night sights, leave the Glock as it came...tight mags? Load them and let them sit for a while, they'll be just fine.
    AZJD1968 and pinklady like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats on taking the plunge, you will end up getting more.

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    They will get better with use. The mags will loosen up and work fine.

The mags for my G 19 were tight so I used the loaded that Glock supplied. My hands are old so that is a nice addition, for me. Mine came with Glock factory night sights. I've not changed anything else.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links