A little help from my (S&W) friends.

This is a discussion on A little help from my (S&W) friends. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bought a stainless 5906 with Hogue grips last summer. Shoots flawlessly. Put new Trijicon sights on it. It's my truck gun and "travel" gun when ...

Thread: A little help from my (S&W) friends.

Distinguished Member

Bought a stainless 5906 with Hogue grips last summer. Shoots flawlessly. Put new Trijicon sights on it. It's my truck gun and "travel" gun when I fly. Problem: my EDC is a H&K P30. Light as a feather. The 59 is one heavy gun by the end of the day.

Last week I bought a 6906. Shorter, lighter. I plan to sell my 5906.

Question: Can I switch the Trijicon sights from the 59 to the 69? I still have the original 59 sights.

Should I sell the 59 with the Trijicon sights and adjust the price to include that?

Three Feathers said I should hang on to the 59 since it is a classic and will soon be hard to find. But, I need that cash to cover the 69. Plus, the wife would not be happy with one gun not paid for - i.e. interest charges on my cc.

Thoughts?
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Depends what you want to do with that "classic". I have a 4013 that's been in constant use since I bought it ~'92-93, over on the Smith forum it's considered a classic and highly sought after but no one wants to pay a premium, so.... Sell is my advice if you can't keep both, try to recoup your investment. I'd replace the sights with the original if I were to sell it, just figuring I could at least get something back by reselling seperatly in case they don't fit the new gun.

Links