Searching for my first handgun...CC focus.

This is a discussion on Searching for my first handgun...CC focus. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congrats on the Glock 19. I'm hoping to get mine soon enough. As for magazines, check out these guys: Glock Magazines I know some people ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Searching for my first handgun...CC focus.

Congrats on the Glock 19. I'm hoping to get mine soon enough. As for magazines, check out these guys: Glock Magazines

I know some people have had issues with them, but I've placed multiple orders with them and have not been let down. $22 each with free shipping is a hard price to beat.

2. Remove Ads

Here's the mags for $22.99. If you wait till Friday afternoon, they usually have weekend shipping specials.

Glock 19/19SF 9mm 15rd Drop Free Mag New Factory

For other Glock stuff:

http://www.glockmeister.com/glockinf.shtml

Glockparts.com | Buy Glock parts, Glock accessories.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page
    Glock Certified Armorer

Interesting to see where you landed. I am sure you will be quite pleased. While I don't have the G19, I do have the G23. Of the three handguns I have, I shoot the G23 the best. It just seems a natural fit for me. While I really like that size, my carry option of late has been the G27 with a G23 mag for back-up. I've got a new holster coming for the G23, so it may see more carry time in a few weeks or so.

Find a good source for ammo, and keep the barrel warm. Check-out SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated, Stillwater Oklahoma . I purchase online from a few places, but they are my preferred source.

Some people like glocks some don't, some like sigs some don't, some have had great luck with kahrs some not so much,1911's have their cult following and some have sworn them off. One thing I've noticed is you almost never see a bad review here of the m&p... Food for thought.
    accessbob likes this.

I like the m&p's, but from what I hear 9's will be tough to come by for a little while

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cjacob316 View Post
    I like the m&p's, but from what I hear 9's will be tough to come by for a little while
    Really? I'm seeing them all over the place on NorthwestFirearms.com and there are currently 2 M&P9C's and 1 Full size 9 at Impact Guns right now. Also, over on the Smith & Wesson forums, M&P 9's are popping up as "just bought this" in quite a few threads.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

People can make suggestions, and even better one's if you give the criteria you want it to fit into (size, caliber, type, etc).

But picking one, is like picking out someone else's underwear, you have decide which one fits your needs, style and fits well.

When I read your post , I thought of the Beretta PX4 sub-compact. It will do all that and last a long time, good quality, easy break down, longer first pull and short reset on follow up shots, comfortable (changeable back grip straps) , etc. Comes in a .40 and a 9mm. 9mm carries 12 + 1. And although it initially does not look like it, very easy to conceal and comfortable.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I'm not sure about the prices but the three I am looking into, which have been verified by many forum members as great quality guns are: Glocks, M&p's and XD's. I assume the Glocks are the cheapest of the three and are well known for their reliability. Good luck man hope you find what you're looking for.

I also agree with the guy above me. It really depends on what you feel comfortable with. But as far as the "underwear" he mentioned. I think Glock is a one size fits most :). Downside to the Glock is the double stacked magazines for some people who aren't comfortable holding them. Pick out some you're interested in and test them out before buying.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I'm not sure about the prices but the three I am looking into, which have been verified by many forum members as great quality guns are: Glocks, M&p's and XD's. I assume the Glocks are the cheapest of the three and are well known for their reliability. Good luck man hope you find what you're looking for.

I also agree with the guy above me. It really depends on what you feel comfortable with. But as far as the "underwear" he mentioned. I think Glock is a one size fits most :). Downside to the Glock is the double stacked magazines for some people who aren't comfortable holding them. Pick out some you're interested in and test them out before buying.

Actually, the XD that I checked out today was cheaper than the Glock.

As for the double stack magazine and big grip....I have small woman like hands(not proud, lol) and I find the Glock to have a great feeling grip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links