Sig Sauer 1911 .45 Magazine Problems

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer 1911 .45 Magazine Problems within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by claude clay try the slide stop frm a 1911 that yyou know works: not with ammo, ----just insert it and try the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer 1911 .45 Magazine Problems

Quote Originally Posted by claude clay View Post
    try the slide stop frm a 1911 that yyou know works: not with ammo,
    ----just insert it and try the mag by pulling the slide back to lock.
    does it?

and hand ease it back foward.

rather sounds like the part of the slide stop is not engaging the mag properly ( on the inside of the reciever)
    tolerance stacking working against you; it can happen.
    so i just took out the slide stop and examined it next to the one out of my springfield stop...the sig has scratches on the bottom of the groove and inside the groove. also it is now working at least when just pulling the slide back on an empty magazine....the slide stop on my springfield has no scratches at all....just wondering if whats causing the scratches the problem or is the slide stop the problem....i guess i will order a new slide stop like peckman and give that a try. at least maybe swap them out to see if i have the same results that he did....thankyou.

2. Remove Ads

One thing you want to make sure is that your carry equipment works good,I use cheap mags at the range that can induce Jams and malfunctions to practice clearing
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Very interesting; I just posted this issue on another forum and googled and found this thread. Good info; looks like I will be sending my "new" Sig 1911-45 TTT back to Sig. I don't like buying a brand new handgun at this price that does not perform as advertised. Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links